Financial Controller (AVP) @ Banking MNC, Bangalore
Job Title: Finance Controller, Group Service Center (GSC)
Location: GSD, Bangalore, India
Reporting to: Vice President, Business Finance & Planning
Purpose of Department
Over time the Company Group has evolved into having a multitude of varying operational processes to cater for the various Regions/Businesses/Functions across the Globe. Group Service Centers (GSC) were established to integrate the operational processes across the Group into one unit within HTS to leverage economies of scale and share best practices. The results of this new organization will be more visible across the Group from 2010 onwards as we identify and consolidate the FTE footprint as well as deliver the required value contributions including sustainable saves. The respective GSC Heads (Center Managers) influence the cost base through the Regional Heads of SD and COE heads.
GSC Finance Controller
Head the GSC finance team within GSD under the leadership of the VP – Business Finance & Planning. This team will span across GSC/HDPI to provide direct business partner support for the GSC. This team will also help in the shift of focus from being a GSC centric organization to a GSD wide organization across the regions. The team will be involved in the following key areas:
- Present baseline financial MI within context of the HTS reporting framework to ensure decisions are taken with the relevant financial insights,
- Rolling Operating Plan
- Track sustainable saves.
- Local Legal Compliances
This role presents an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of helping to create the required business finance functionality within GSC and also influence the evolution of the business and finance deliverables within. It is incumbent on this role to work closely with the business to gain a good understanding of their requirements. This will then be used to provide the appropriate finance support to ensure all key decision making is made with the relevant financial insights.
- Compile data and reconcile budget expenditures; monitor and verify expenditures; ensure compliance with group policies and procedures; prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations and/or conclusions as requested.
- Reporting monthly/Quarterly financials by Site/COE/VP/Function.
- Working with Central Finance team to provide commentaries on the monthly financial summary.
- Other Adhoc reporting as per the requirement of the stakeholders.
Financial analysis and Planning:
Carry out detailed financial analysis for the GSC alongside associated business volume drivers to ensure we can explain key variances or changes in trend. Use the analysis to make critical recommendations to the Stake holders.
- Rolling Operating Plan: Provide support to VP Operations /Center Manager to ensure they fully understand the planning processes in HDPI/GSD. Provide year on year analysis and commentaries to ensure annual financial plans and estimates are fully understood and key variances documented.
- Providing Quarterly Forecasts Vs Plan.
- Financial orientation to the Stakeholders
Billing and Recharge/recoveries process:
- Work with key stakeholders to help align billing processes with the financials. Lead any change required from a finance perspective.
- Ensure No Revenue leakage
- Tracking and reporting the efficiency gains and resource utilization and impact of Migration changes.
Sustainable saves reporting:
- Work with different stakeholders to ensure clear and accurate reporting of saves by COE and initiative, including value contribution (e.g. revenue enhancements by SD initiatives) so they can be included in respective GSC or regional SD financial plans. Tracking of costs incurred on Group initiatives like One Company/R2BP etc.
- Work with Change deliver team to quantify/validating the benefits out of the projects completed by the Ops team.
Local Legal Compliance:
- Monthly/quarterly/Annual returns with STPI
- Monthly/quarterly Sales tax returns
- Co Ordination with HR dept to ensure the PF returns are filled in time.
- Other Legal compliance as may be required.
Accounting and Controllership
- Month close accounting to ensure all the expenses are captured completely and accurately.
- Resolving the issues on Accounts receivables
- Co ordinate with Accounts payable team on the Payables.
- Keep a track on the vendor/Employee advances to ensure no escalations.
- Bank reconciliation statements are maintained up to date with no escalations.
- Works with Accounts receivable team ensure recharge invoices are completed on time.·
- Ensuring compliance with FIM requirements and Group procedures.
- Ensuring continuous implementation of internal and external audit recommendations in a timely and effective manner
- Professional accountancy qualification (CA or ICWAI) with a minimum of 10 years post qualified experience in business support areas such as analysis, business modeling, planning and MI). Exceptional candidates with 8 years experience may also be considered
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with business partners and stakeholders. Strong inter-personal skills including verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical review skills .Ability to get behind the numbers and provide insightful and concise reasoning to trends and variances.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to concisely present highly complex financial modeling and processes to business colleagues.
- Essential exposure to sound financial management and reporting.
- Experience of providing finance or strategic support to Senior Management to help them run a business/P&L.
- Strong ability to negotiate assertively and influence at all levels.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Intermediate working knowledge of MS Office; Word, Power point, Project.
- Proficiency in corporate and accountancy software packages.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Salary – 18 – 25 lks + variable.
Interested candidates can send their profiles to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 040-40101210.