Job Title - Manager - Claims/ Fraud/ Underwriting Analytics
Department - Business Performance Management & Analytics (BPMA)
Location - Gurgaon
To create data based analytical solutions for business needs in the area of Claims, Fraud and Underwriting Analytics in Life Insurance domain and ensure their integration with business processes to ensure long term gains for the organization.
Understand the functional requirements and convert them into analytical problems for the area of claims, fraud and underwriting analytics
- Work alongside the business to narrow down on possible answers to the hypothesis provided / business issues articulated
- Raise process efficiency by identifying business issues and developing predictive models to embed intelligence in functional process
- Lead the analytical exercise by working alongside a team of SAS experts
- To convert business problems into statistical problems and figure out most suitable method of solving them.
- Develop specifications for converting data files into formats suitable for analysis and perform exploratory data analysis and modelling as needed.
- Manage staffing and work-load of technical team (SAS experts)
- Generate output and present findings to Functional owners and SPOCs
- Develop and manage project plans for implementation of analytics solutions’ projects.
- Suggest business issues which can be solved through building of predictive models
- House the organizations requirement for models and high end predictive analytics
- Work with AVP - Analytics CoE to:
- Commission the engagement with a niche analytics firm model development OR Develop the model internally through use of tools and SAS experts
- Project manage and participate in creating the model, helping the user department test the output of it and help refine it till it is closest to reality
- Test efficacy of model on a recurring basis and undertake incremental tweaks as required
1) M.Sc. Statistics, MA (Economics), MBE OR
2) MBA with exposure to statistical methodologies OR
3) B.E. / B Tech with at least 2 years of relevant work experience in predictive modelling using SAS
- Overall experience of 2-4 years of work ex
- 1+ years of hands on experience in - Statistical Modelling / Data Mining techniques such as Clustering, Logistical Regression, Decision Trees, etc.
- Should be able to run these techniques using SAS E miner and should able to interpret statistical results
- Proficient in SAS analytical solutions â Base SAS, E miner
- Life insurance experience is a definite plus, but not mandatory
Responses to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Max New York Life Insurance Co. Ltd.