Position: Area Sales Manager (Chennai)
Client: One of the largest food companies in the World (a global FMCG company)
Critical requirement preferred: only from Top B Schools - IIMs, FMS, MDI, XLRI, SP Jain, Narsee Monjee, IMT, IIFT, Symbiosis, and etc)
Experience: 2-3 years of experience in good FMCG/ Food companies in Sales.
Note: it is only for TOP B Schools and no other profile is preferred.
POSITION - AREA SALES MANAGER
REPORTS TO - REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Responsible for achieving retailing and primary targets of the territory assigned to him in the most cost-effective manner – through efficient and effective deployment of funds, hiring and retaining the best possible WBs and optimal deployment and utilization of manpower.
- Distribution– Ensure that an effective distribution set up is in place to tap all the markets in the territory assigned.
- Visibility - Ensuring that our products are visible in all the outlets that we service and comply with the visibility norms.
- Volumes – Ensure that all volume targets that are assigned are achieved.
- Forecast accuracy - Responsible for proper SKU wise forecast for the assigned state.
- WB Management – Ensure that the territory has an optimum number of distributors and DSMs on a continuous basis who can deliver our objectives.
- CFA Management - Ensure that the CFA(s) are managed effectively. This entails ensuring that the right quantity of stock at the right time is always available with the C&FA
- Prompt service to the WBs
- Proper maintenance of records at the CFA.
- Prompt communication with the company on competitor activities and suggestions/ recommendations
- Responsible for recruitment, induction, training and development of Sales Officers and DSMs to ensure optimal availability of skills and adequate performance.
- Ensure that all S & D objectives are met within the budgeted DSM, Van and TP spends through prudent deployment and regular monitoring.
- Ensuring prompt and regular reporting of data to the company.
- Ensuring prompt reporting of any competitor activity.
- Ensure that the Sales Officer turnover is low.
- Ensure continuous training to the DSMs in the territory.
- Responsible for initiating brand building activities in the territory.
Internal - Marketing – Scheme communication, competitor activity – as and when required
MSM team – schemes, promotions, stocks etc - Monthly
Quality assurance – Quality complaints, issues etc – as and when required
Regional Commercial Team -
External - Very regular interaction with the CFAs, WBs, Retailers, Consumers as listed in the Sales Officers sheet.
Promotion agencies – for local promotions – as and when required.
Suitable & interested people please send your cv at firstname.lastname@example.org