Zupee - Head - Engineering (8-16 yrs)
Zupee is India's fastest growing Innovator in Skill-Based Real Money Gaming Platform backed by marquee global investors with a mission to become the largest responsible cash gaming entertainment company in the world. Started by 2 IIT-Kanpur alums in 2018 - we are growing team of 60+ across technology, digital marketing, data science & analytics, research & innovation, design, customer experience & corporate function headquartered in Gurugram.
Our strategy is to invest in our people & user experience to drive profitable growth and become the market leader in our space. Currently, we are operating the country's biggest real-money Q&A platform that rewards users for their passion across 100+ categories, 500+ topics and 1000+ tournaments 24/7 with 10Mn user base & consumer spend of more than US$ 1.5 billion.
We have been experiencing phenomenal growth since inception and became profitable at EBT level in record time. Furthermore, we are well funded for future growth backed by untouched investments from Matrix Partners, Falcon Edge, WestCap, Orios and Smile Group. In 2020, despite pandemic and economic slowdown, we received US$ 8 million of funding to expand the team, invest deeper in technology and build its market presence. Follow links below to know more about our investors:
Zupee thrives on a culture of entrepreneurship (ownership & hustle), customer obsession, bias for diagnosis & action and trust & respect for everyone. We keep our mission first in order to win customers trust above everything.
Engineering role profile
Zupee is building capability in Engineering function to scale and optimize the entire technology stack or platform for business. We are looking to bring on board experts in Engineering with the capability to choose the right product-stack mix and decide on relevant engineering related metrics to make Zupee #1 Skill-Based Real Money Gaming studio platform in the world.
Being a Skill Based Real Money Gaming (RMG) Innovator, we think it is extremely important for us to understand our users and their behaviour. You will have a real opportunity to expand your skill sets and a chance to learn and explore the latest advances in technology stacks and translating business vision in technology terms.
Reports To: Co-Founder and CTO
1. S/he will be responsible for architecting, scaling and optimizing the entire technology platform across website and mobile for Zupee's Real Money Gaming Studio in alignment with the business vision.
2. S/he will work closely with the founders, technology, product, marketing, data science, data analytics, design, research & innovation, user relations team to identify opportunities for innovation and technical hurdles to business success
3. S/he will lead the evaluation and identification of the right technology stack for delivering Zupees product portfolio.
4. S/he will be responsible for driving the technology stack or engineering function related people or team, processes, capabilities, and tools.
5. S/he will establish key engineering related metrics to measure product-stack mix success and optimization as situation changes.
Qualifications & Culture Cues
The role holder should have 8+ years of experience in engineering leadership role, out of her/his overall experience.
Must-Haves / Essential Qualifications
1. S/he must have proven track record of independently architecting, scaling and optimizing technology products from the ground up or prototype stage; delivering within time, budget and quality in B2C environment.
2. S/he must have demonstrated the ability to independently evaluate and identify relevant technology stacks (backend, frontend for mobile & web and database management) for the product
3. S/he must have experience in business partnering, team building, program delivery and product relatability.
Good-To-Haves / Desired Qualifications
1. S/he has the ability to be hands-on, think clearly, analyse quantitatively, take data-driven decisions, communicate coherently, organize effectively, prioritize and relate to the business
2. S/he is metric-driven, fast paced, attentive to detail, data-driven and self-motivated
3. S/he is analytical, curious, a problem solver and can influence stakeholders
4. S/he has bias for diagnosis and action
1. S/he would fit in culturally better if, s/he function on Grit, Moves Fast, Loves Data, Teams Up and Keeps Customer in the centre of everything!!