Zupee - Head - Design (8-16 yrs)
Zupee is India's fastest growing Innovator in Skill-Based Real Money Gaming Platform backed by marquee global investors with a mission to become the largest responsible cash gaming entertainment company in the world. Started by 2 IIT-Kanpur alums in 2018 - we are growing team of 60+ across technology, digital marketing, data science & analytics, research & innovation, design, customer experience & corporate function headquartered in Gurugram.
Our strategy is to invest in our people & user experience to drive profitable growth and become the market leader in our space. Currently, we are operating the country's biggest real-money Q&A platform that rewards users for their passion across 100+ categories, 500+ topics and 1000+ tournaments 24/7 with 10Mn user base & consumer spend of more than US$ 1.5 billion.
We have been experiencing phenomenal growth since inception and became profitable at EBT level in record time. Furthermore, we are well funded for future growth backed by untouched investments from Matrix Partners, Falcon Edge, WestCap, Orios and Smile Group. In 2020, despite pandemic and economic slowdown, we received US$ 8 million of funding to expand the team, invest deeper in technology and build its market presence. Follow links below to know more about our investors:
Zupee thrives on a culture of entrepreneurship (ownership & hustle), customer obsession, bias for diagnosis & action and trust & respect for everyone. We keep our mission first in order to win customers trust above everything.
Design - Role Profile
Zupee is building capability in Design function to curate and deliver world-class, user-centric and research-oriented design for the business. We are looking to bring experts in design with the capability to craft simple and elegant solutions to highly complex user flow challenges to make Zupee #1 Skill-Based Real Money Gaming studio platform in the world.
Being a Real Money Gaming (RMG) Innovator, we think it is extremely important for us to understand our users and their behaviour. You will have a real opportunity to expand your skill sets and a chance to learn and use the latest advances and approaches to craft a user journey that will delight, inspire, and make user stick.
Reports To: CEO and Founder
1. S/he will be responsible to craft future user interactions across visual, audible and haptics
2. S/he will be responsible for design, typography, color theory, composition and for creating stunning designs
3. S/he will be responsible for thoroughly defining, planning, and conducting in-field User Research
4. S/he will be responsible for producing detailed storyboards, user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes for stakeholder discussions/approvals
5. S/he will be responsible for elevating the marketing design standards across the platforms web, mobile and marketing
6. S/he will be responsible for owning the entire user experience designs from ideation, blueprint, wireframe, architecture to the final product version.
7. S/he will be working closely with the founders, technology, data science & analytics, research & innovation and user relations team to drive user experience through cohesive strategies.
Qualifications & Culture Cues
The role holder should have 8+ years of experience in design leadership role, out of her/his overall experience.
Must-Haves / Essential Qualifications
1. S/he must have background in psychology, philosophy, design, humanities, social sciences with a passion for gaming, art, theatre
2. S/he must have proven track record of independently engaging in user experience research and designed the user experience in B2C or gaming environment.
3. S/he must have experience in interaction design, UX research, UI tools and UI elements, graphic fundamentals, online and offline design work
4. S/he must have demonstrated the ability to use latest design tools (Sketch, Zeppelin, Marvel, Adobe X, Invision among others) and is well-versed in design systems, methodologies and pattern libraries.
5. S/he must have demonstrated the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, along with the tenacity to develop designs independently and the flexibility to drive them to completion through iterations.
Good-To-Haves / Desired Qualifications
1. S/he is able to synthesize user research, translate a vision from words into design and balance the same with the art of design strategy.
2. S/he is able to think as a user, visualise, analyse, communicate design rationale, organize, prioritize, and ideate
3. S/he is intuitive, attentive to every detail, persuasive, quality-conscious and self-motivated
4. S/he is creative, analytical, curious, a problem solver and can influence stakeholders
5. S/he has bias for diagnosis and action
1. S/he would fit in culturally better if, s/he function on Grit, Moves Fast, Loves Data, Teams Up and Keeps Customer in the centre of everything!!