Zupee - Head - Data Science & Analytics (8-16 yrs)
Zupee is India's fastest growing Innovator in Skill-Based Real Money Gaming Platform backed by marquee global investors with a mission to become the largest responsible cash gaming entertainment company in the world. Started by 2 IIT-Kanpur alums in 2018 - we are growing team of 60+ across technology, digital marketing, data science & analytics, research & innovation, design, customer experience & corporate function headquartered in Gurugram.
Our strategy is to invest in our people & user experience to drive profitable growth and become the market leader in our space. Currently, we are operating the country's biggest real-money Q&A platform that rewards users for their passion across 100+ categories, 500+ topics and 1000+ tournaments 24/7 with 10Mn user base & consumer spend of more than US$ 1.5 billion.
We have been experiencing phenomenal growth since inception and became profitable at EBT level in record time. Furthermore, we are well funded for future growth backed by untouched investments from Matrix Partners, Falcon Edge, WestCap, Orios and Smile Group. In 2020, despite pandemic and economic slowdown, we received US$ 8 million of funding to expand the team, invest deeper in technology and build its market presence. Follow links below to know more about our investors:
Zupee thrives on a culture of entrepreneurship (ownership & hustle), customer obsession, bias for diagnosis & action and trust & respect for everyone. We keep our mission first in order to win customers trust above everything.
Data Science & Analytics role profile
Zupee is building capability in Data Science and Analytics function to drive data driven decision making for business. We are looking to bring experts in data engineering, data science and analytics with the capability to build AI, ML and NLP based solutions or models to make Zupee market leader in Skill-Based Real Money Gaming platform in the world.
Being a Skill Based Real Money Gaming (RMG) company, we think it is extremely important for us to understand our users and their behaviour. You will have a real opportunity to expand your skill sets and a chance to learn and use the latest advances and approaches on real world (B2C) datasets.
Role: Data Science and Analytics
Reports To: CEO and Founder
1. S/he will be responsible for developing models on AI, ML and NLP.
2. S/he will be responsible for Continuous design, development and implementation of all Data solutions (E.g. Datawarehouse, Data Modelling, Data Visualizations, Predictive Modelling, Data Extractions, Machine Learning).
3. S/he will be responsible to build further our user behaviour models, develop new ones and prove efficacy and business impact.
4. S/he will be responsible for building a behavioural profile and segmentation model aggregating personal attributes, psychologic attributes, past and predicted future behaviours to create user genomes
5. S/he will be responsible to analyse all data from all available sources (e.g. behavioural, sales, performance, social) to identify and inform product and user experience teams areas of opportunity for product performance insights, optimization and future feature pipeline.
6. S/he will be responsible for building advanced ML algorithms for prediction of churn, predicting the future lifetime value of a person, predicting future customer behaviour and predicting upsell/cross sell opportunities
7. S/he will be responsible to build the team and work closely with the founders, technology, research & innovation and user relations team to create and validate new analytics for the dashboard.
Qualifications & Culture Cues
The role holder should have 8+ years of experience in data science and analytics leadership role, out of her/his overall experience.
Must-Haves / Essential Qualifications
1. S/he must have strong experience in Statistical Modelling, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL).
2. S/he must have experience in scale journey in the consumer technology or B2C start up space.
3. S/he must have experience in building processes and driving data engineering, data intelligence, analytics, business intelligence and data science teams towards efficiency and continuous improvement.
Good-To-Haves / Desired Qualifications
1. S/he is able to leverage data to create insights, personas and develop data-driven models to drive business decisions.
2. S/he is able to think clearly, visualize data, analyse quantitatively, communicate coherently, collaborate effectively with other teams and prioritize
3. S/he is fast paced, attentive to detail, performance-driven and self-motivated
4. S/he is proactive, creative, analytical, curious, a problem solver and can influence stakeholders
5. S/he has bias for diagnosis and action
1. S/he would fit in culturally better if, s/he function on Grit, Moves Fast, Loves Data, Teams Up and Keeps Customer in the centre of everything!!