Global Lead - Talent Sourcing & Talent Intelligence at ZS
Views:4488 Applications:206 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
ZS Associates - Senior Data Scientist - IIT/NIT/BITS (5-8 yrs)
Senior Data Scientist at ZS
ZS (www.zs.com) is the world's largest firm focused exclusively on helping companies improve overall performance and grow revenue and market share, through end-to-end sales and marketing solutions - from customer insights and strategy to analytics, operations and technology. More than 5,000 ZS professionals in 22 offices worldwide draw on deep industry and domain expertise to deliver impact for clients across multiple industries
ZS- India Capability and Expertise Centers house more than 60% of ZS people across two locations based in Pune and Gurgaon. Our teams work in conjunction with onshore colleagues to deliver our sales and marketing projects to our clients. The Centers primarily support client projects based in North America, Europe and East Asia in the areas of Business Analysis, Business Operations and Business Technology.
Business Consulting Group Overview
ZS Associates' Business Consulting group delivers solutions to a broad spectrum of marketing and sales challenges. We also help our clients transform their marketing and sales organizations to implement these solutions. Our solutions and recommendations are based in rigorous research and analysis underpinned by deep expertise and thought leadership
- ZS pioneers in sales force and marketing analytics - applying optimization techniques to sales force and marketing investment problems. We have grown significantly and are now recognized global leaders in sales and marketing consulting.
- A key enabler of our services is leveraging data in delivering client solutions. The data available about customers is getting richer and the problems that our customers are trying to answer continue to evolve. In our endeavor to stay ahead in providing solutions to these evolving complex problems, ZS has set up an Advanced Data Science track which has three major focus areas:
- Research the evolving datasets and advanced analytical techniques to develop new offerings/solutions
- Deliver client impact by collaboratively implementing these solutions
- Provide thought leadership by developing the ZS Point of View in this space
- Data Scientist will play a critical role in designing, developing and implementing analytical techniques on large, complex, structured and unstructured data sets (including big data) to help client make better decisions in sales and marketing space, with guidance from Data Science leadership.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Developing advanced algorithms that solve problems of large dimensionality in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner
- Implementing statistical and data mining techniques e.g. hypothesis testing, machine learning, and retrieval processes on a large amount of data to identify trends, figures and other relevant information
- Collaborating with clients and other ZS stakeholders to effectively integrate and communicate analysis findings
- Providing guidance and project management support to the Associates on the team
- Research and Firm Contribution
- Evaluating emerging datasets and technologies that may contribute to our analytical platform
- Owning the development of select assets/accelerators for efficient scaling of capability
- Contributing to the thought leadership of the firm by helping in researching the evolving topics and publishing them
- BE/ BTech / BS (stats) from Tier-1 institute would be required.
- PhD in Computer Science (OR Statistics) / MBA / MS from a premier institute would be preferred (though not mandatory)
- 4-7 years exp in Machine Learning.
- Knowledge of big data/ advanced analytics concepts and algorithms - text mining, social listening, recommender systems, predictive modeling, etc.
- Knowledge of programming - Java/Python/R
- Exposure to tools/platforms - Hadoop ecosystem and DB systems
- Agile project planning and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Domain knowledge/expertise (Healthcare/Travel/Hi-tech/Insurance) is preferred though not mandatory.
- Approach to Work
- Research focused mindset with strong attention to detail
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- High motivation, good work ethic and maturity