Global Lead - Talent Sourcing & Talent Intelligence at ZS
Views:3544 Applications:776 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:46
ZS Associates - Manager - Data Science (9-12 yrs)
Data Science Manager at ZS
- ZS Associates (www.zs.com) is the world's largest firm focused exclusively on helping companies improve overall performance and grow revenue and market share, through end-to-end sales and marketing solutions - from customer insights and strategy to analytics, operations and technology. More than 5,000 ZS professionals in 22 offices worldwide draw on deep industry and domain expertise to deliver impact for clients across multiple industries
- ZS- India Capability and Expertise Centers house more than 60% of ZS people across two locations based in Pune and Gurgaon. Our teams work in conjunction with onshore colleagues to deliver our sales and marketing projects to our clients. The Centers primarily support client projects based in North America, Europe and East Asia in the areas of Business Analysis, Business Operations and Business Technology.
- Business Consulting group delivers solutions to a broad spectrum of marketing and sales challenges. We also help our clients transform their marketing and sales organizations to implement these solutions. Our solutions and recommendations are based in rigorous research and analysis underpinned by deep expertise and thought leadership.
Job Description :
- ZS pioneers in sales force and marketing analytics - applying optimization techniques to sales force and marketing investment problems. We have grown significantly and are now recognized global leaders in sales and marketing consulting.
- A key enabler of our services is leveraging data in delivering client solutions. The data available about customers across Healthcare and multiple industries is getting richer and the problems that our customers are trying to answer continue to evolve. In our endeavor to stay ahead of curve in providing solutions to these evolving complex business problems, ZS has set up a Data Scientist track which has following major focus areas:
- Research the evolving datasets and newer information sources to understand the possibilities
- Apply advanced analytical techniques and algorithms to improve current as well as develop cutting edge offerings/solutions
- Deliver client impact by collaboratively implementing and broad basing these solutions
Provide thought leadership by developing the ZS Point of View in the industry
- The Manager position is the precursor to the Associate Principal and Principal Positions, and therefore part of the ZS leadership ladder.
- Every Manager leads one or more - Spaces, i.e. business units focused either on a specific client, or a specific expertise area. Therefore ZS Data Science Managers are responsible for strong analytical expertise, knowledge and experience of various machine learning algorithms, tools & big data technologies, leveraging this knowledge for innovation, thought leadership, stakeholder relationship management, effectively coaching and responsible for people growth and defining-running-refining their space operating models, guided closely by Principals.
- Managers leverage their experience to take responsibility for providing analytical solutions across projects, deliver quality work for clients and lead client and ZS-leader relationships from beginning of their tenure.
- Provide expertise in architecting and implementing analytical solutions for projects
- Manage projects and assist in managing stakeholder relationships
- Direct multiple projects simultaneously, honing analytical and project management skills
- Motivate, coach and serve as a role model for space team members
- Provide thought leadership and innovation within projects and across practice areas
- Partner with onshore colleagues to develop new business with existing and new clients
- Develop and implement specific frameworks for strategy and programs
- Contribute to ZS's capability building and knowledge creation
- Coach, mentor, and conduct training programs
- Play an active role in India office growth related initiatives (e.g. recruiting, training, etc.).
Managers have 9 - 12 years work experience in industry through consulting work or within an industry leader (a combination of experience is preferred)
- BE/ B.Tech / BS (stats) from Tier-1 institute would be required.
- PhD in Computer Science (OR Statistics) / M.Tech / MS from a premier institute would be highly preferred
- Substantial experience in Machine Learning
- Knowledge of big data/ advanced analytics concepts and algorithms - text mining, social listening, recommender systems, predictive modeling, etc.
- Knowledge of programming - Java/Python/R
- Exposure to tools/platforms - Hadoop eco system and DB systems
- Agile project planning and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Domain knowledge/expertise (Healthcare/Travel/Hi-tech/Insurance) is preferred though not mandatory
In addition, we seek individuals with the following:
- Desire to make a business impact for our clients
- Leadership experience
- Personal initiative and strong work ethic
- Self-motivation and detail orientation
- Organization & planning skills
- Communication skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.