Senior Recruiter at ZS Associates India
Views:1624 Applications:148 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:69
ZS Associates - Associate - Legal Counsel - CS/LLB (2-5 yrs)
ZS (www.zs.com) is the world's largest firm focused exclusively on helping companies improve overall performance and grow revenue and market share, through end-to-end sales and marketing solutions - from customer insights and strategy to analytics, operations, and technology. More than 5,000 ZS professionals in 22 offices worldwide draw on deep industry and domain expertise to deliver impact for clients across multiple industries
ZS- India Capability and Expertise Centers house more than 60% of ZS people across locations based in Pune, Gurgaon and Bangalore. Our teams work in conjunction with onshore colleagues to deliver our sales and marketing projects to our clients. The Centers primarily support client projects based in North America, Europe, and East Asia in the areas of Business Analysis, Business Operations and Business Technology.
The ZS legal team is a close-knit team of lawyers and legal professionals who work with all of the different offices and the parts of the organization. The team is oriented around the ZS mission ("Our mission is to help our clients achieve success through sales and marketing') and lives the ZS core values ('Get it right; Do the Right Thing; Treat People Right"). ZS"s operations and ever-evolving services for its clients require the ZS legal team to constantly refine and develop new answers and standards for meeting the organization's legal needs. To succeed here, you'll need to be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage many projects to tight deadlines. A good sense of humor is also appreciated.
As an attorney at ZS, you are a talented attorney who can work independently but collaboratively in a collegial team environment within a fast-paced legal department. The attorney, as part of our legal team, will have responsibility for employment law issues, vendor contracts, software contracts, leases, compliance with Indian laws including labor, corporate and tax filings. You are willing and able to work on many different types of projects simultaneously, have the presence and ability to have the entrepreneurial spirit to contribute to the management and direction of a constantly evolving legal department.
- Drafting and negotiating vendor and lease agreements,
- Ensuring compliance with Indian laws including labor, environmental, corporate and tax filings.
- Ensuring compliance with vendor agreements.
- Coordinating and helping with annual compliance communications and audits
- Assist in managing ZS forms and playbooks
- Assist in providing legal support to business functions and across various departments within ZS, including finance, human resources and IT.
- Assist in advising various corporate legal issues with regard to day to day activities of business, drafting and managing legal notices and its reply.
- Ability to draft policies/SOPs/guidelines
- Ability to assess and mitigate risk for the corporation
- Be responsible for researching different laws, notifications, circulars etc. and their applicability to ZS
- Bachelor's Degree required from the nationally recognized institution with a strong academic record. Law Degree (LL.B) + Company Secretary (CS) from a top-tier university with a strong academic record would be preferred.
- 2-4 years of transnational experience.
- In-depth knowledge of and exposure to Indian labor compliances and filings.
- Experience counseling clients on employment and labor law compliance issues.
- Knowledge of current and upcoming legislation and compliance requirements. Timely and effective tracking of changing laws, rules and regulations related to the business of the Company. Preparing brief of the compliance requirement, planning implementation strategies and advising internal stakeholders such as finance, human resources and IT. Sound business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of compliance matters. Ability to develop the innovative approach to compliance issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives.
- Hard-working, organized, and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure. Excellent interpersonal skills and highly team-oriented.
- Asia related corporate compliance experience and IT/ software industry prior work experience also a plus.