Zoomcar.com - Assistant Legal Counsel - LLB/LLM (1-4 yrs)
Job Location : Bangalore
Reporting To : General Counsel.
Work Experience:- 1-3- Years Approx.
Qualification : LL.B /LLM
Broad Profile : IPR+Litigation+ Law Enforcement.
A candidate with good consistent academic back- ground having excellent proficiency in written & verbal communication is required for following profile-
- Major Exposure to Acts & Civil Procedure Code & Criminal Procedure Code, Intellectual Property Rights, Motor Vehicle Act &; Rules therein, Insurance Claims, IT Act & Privacy Norms, Competition Act, Consumer Protection Act Payment & Settlement System Act,, DoT and Trai Regulations, etc;
Industry Background :
Candidate from Companies directly dealing with Stakeholders viz, Law Enforcement Agencies, Police, Court (consumer and labor), Registrations authorities etc.
Primary Accountabilities :
- Business Enabler. Anticipate legal support needs of the business and help define and drive the strategic plans of the business.
- General Legal Advice. Provide legal advice and review the process flow to mitigate the risk along-with proper documentation.
- Litigation Programs. Manage and optimize use of external counsel on litigations, if needed.
- Awareness. Develop and provide legal awareness programs to entities in the Group regarding FCPA compliance, improper payments, car parking management, other facets of business operations etc. Ability to translate the business requirements in regulatory ease. Assisting in formulating legal opinion on queries to Management/ Investors in pursuance of E-commerce business activity.
- Frauds-Audits and Investigations. Participate and engage with Law enforcement agencies more often and/or lead audits and investigations, if required post the Fraud detection by customer, vendor etc. Strong back ground on recovery of assets and dues from the Customer (preferred from Transport Industry, not mandatory)
- Reporting. Report on status of matters periodically. Proactively keep General Counsel and regional management team informed of developments of sensitive areas pertaining to business operations and checks and balances required therefor.
Skills / Personal attributes Requirement :
- 1-3 years- experience in multi-national company in the region
- Demonstrated superior collaboration and relationship building skills
- Ability to offer sound legal advice
- Self- starter able to thrive with minimal supervision
- Cultural, Business and Regulatory sensitivity
- Good IPR, Litigation, Cr P C and CPC track record
- Acts with strategic agility
- Drives ownership and high performance with tight time lines.
- Delivers value and results
- Is decisive and mobilizes action