Zonal Manager - Sales - Life Insurance (10-15 yrs)
POSITION TITLE : Zonal Manager
BUSINESS UNIT : Direct Channel
NO OF REPORTEES : 12-20 (Direct)
LOCATION : Mumbai,Bengaluru)
Position Summary :
The incumbent will be responsible for delivering Revenue targets through multiple branch operations, drive service to sales culture, ensure highest standards of quality of business and setup best in class Direct Sales Channel in the area. The incumbent should also support the leadership team in the region in driving key initiatives and growth.
Key Accountabilities :
- Overall responsible for ensuring sales targets for the region are met with.
- To allocate the area/branch target quarter/month wise.
- To periodically review the progress (RSM-AM / BM- monthly; FOS-quarterly) and suggest corrective measures, if any.
- Drive Cross sell campaigns and lead generation initiatives
- Building Capacity :
- To support in recruitment of FOS
- Overall responsible for capacity building at area level
- To emphasize on talent retention and managing attrition.
- To maintain the high morale, satisfaction and engagement levels of the teams, by providing and fostering right environment.
Training & development :
- To ensure that training requirements for all RSM, AMs/BMs and FOS are met with.- including re-training.
- Bring in best practices to offer excellent experience while onboarding customers.
- Provide feedback and suggestions on initiatives/ changes required in regional operations- to the leadership team at region.
- To periodically review the progress of direct reports and suggest corrective measures, if any
- Provide accurate forecasts, updates and requested reports to reporting manager
- Adhere to a proper business work ethic and create a similar expectation of direct reports/peers
- Ensure high quality and high persistency of business generated to support long-term profitability of the company
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications :
- Must have a Direct Channel Background
- 10+ years of work experience in Sales with 5-6 years+ experience in Life Insurance.
- Experience in topline ownership and managing a P&L
- Must have at least 2-4 years in a Senior role (for e.g., Area Manager position in other Life companies in Direct Channel)
- Collaboration, Influencing and negotiation skills.
Personal Attributes & Competencies :
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to coach and mentor others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Aggressive with drive and high energy levels with demonstrated ability to mentor/ lead a team of Area Managers / Branch Managers.
Performance Measures - As per KRA