ZoloStays - Company Secretary (3-10 yrs)
About Zolostays :
ZoloStays is India's premier provider of managed co-living spaces for both working professionals and students. With Series-B funding from Nexus Venture Partners, IDFC Alternatives, and Mirae Asset, we have become one of the fastest-growing players in the market. Our living spaces offer a completely hassle-free long-term living experience, complete with a wide range of primary and luxury amenities, such as hygienic and healthy food options, furnished rooms, daily housekeeping, seamless internet facilities, and hi-tech security, all enabled by technology. We take pride in our vibrant resident community, omnichannel platform, and top-notch services.
Currently operating in nine cities across India, including Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, Noida, Kota, and Coimbatore, we are expanding rapidly within these geographies and plan to expand to other cities as well. Our founding team comprises alumni from some of the most prestigious educational institutions in India, such as IIM, IIT, AIIMS, and ISB, and currently has a size of over 1,000 employees. We are dedicated to providing our customers with the best possible living experience, elevating the traditional paying guest accommodations and hostels to a beautiful living experience.
What will you do?
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Company Secretary to join our fast-growing startup in India. As the Company Secretary, you will be responsible for ensuring that our company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements, providing legal advice to the management, and maintaining corporate records.
1. Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements, including the Companies Act, SEBI regulations, and other applicable laws and regulations
2. Preparation and filing of various e-forms and returns with the ROC on MCA portal.
3. Preparation and filing of various returns/forms with RBI.
4. Draft and file necessary documents, including board and shareholders' resolutions, with the Registrar of Companies, FEMA Regulations, RBI and other relevant regulatory authorities.
5. Advise the management on corporate Compliances and provide guidance on corporate governance practices
6. Maintain corporate records, including minute books, registers, and other necessary documents
7. Manage shareholder meetings, board meetings, and related activities, including preparation of notices, agendas, minutes, etc.
8. Maintain communication with shareholders, investors, and other stakeholders
9. Provide support in the organization of annual general meetings, including preparation of the annual report, proxy statements, and related documents
10. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations related to intellectual property, data protection, and other legal matters
11. Liaison with external lawyers, auditors, and other professional service providers
12. Ensure timely filing of all necessary reports and disclosures with the regulatory authorities
13. Preparation of ISIN Application documents and filing of the same with NSDL/CDSL
14. Executing Corporate Action for Equity/Preference shares as and when required.
Any Ad hoc assignment, as and when provided.
Roll up your sleeves and be prepared to work hard - we're a startup, after all! This role will require flexibility and adaptability, as we grow and evolve as a company. We believe in work-life integration, not just balance, and we are looking for someone who is passionate about CS and willing to go above and beyond the 9-to-5 to help us achieve our goals. But don't worry - we also believe in having fun and enjoying the journey, so we promise it will be a beautiful and fulfilling experience.
1. A Qualified Company Secretary with membership from ICSI
2 Working knowledge of Fundraising, Due diligence, and pre-IPO activities would be an added advantage.
3. Strong knowledge of the Companies Act, 2013 and Rules and regulations made thereunder, FEMA
4. Regulations & Guidelines, SEBI regulations, and other applicable laws and regulations
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
6. Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
7. Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
8. High level of attention to detail and accuracy
9. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software
10. Willingness to learn and adapt to new legal and regulatory requirements
Be ready to become part of a team that values learning and employee growth. Our employee-friendly policies and top talent in various roles create a dynamic environment where you can excel. We are a close-knit group of professionals who share a passion for excellence and a commitment to supporting one another. If you're a top talent looking for a fruitful experience, and an exciting workplace where you can learn and grow, we invite you to join us!
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.