Zolo Stays - Senior Manager - Legal (6-10 yrs)
We are looking for a Dynamic Legal professional who will work with our Legal Team create an impact around the process of work. The Senior Manager, Legal will collaborate with business leaders, the broader legal function and specialized practice groups, corporate business functions and outside counsel to manage all transactions and provide strategic guidance on day to day matters.
Valued at more than $100 mn, we are India's fastest moving technology startup in the co-living and student housing spaces. With an aim to provide a completely hassle-free long term living experience to working professionals as well as students, our living spaces offer all kinds of basic and luxury living amenities. Our biggest USP for a resident comes from a vibrant resident community, omni channel platform and top notch service - all enabled by technology. We started in 2015 and are currently present in 10 cities - and have served 1 lac+ happy residents to date.
Read more about us here - https://yourstory.com/2019/01/zolostays-raises-funding-30-m
About the Role & Responsibilities:
1. Provide and assist in various legal support including vetting agreements and other documents, handling other corporate legal matters such as Service Agreements, assisting business negotiations, leading legal negotiations and coordinating city business heads with on all legal matters.
2. Assist in legal advice to the regional business team on day to day basis, other departments; abreast of current on legal and regulatory matters related to Co-living spaces; monitoring all legal/ statutory approvals, permits, and licenses in all the branches of Zolo.
3. Alignment with Head Legal on major legal matters and coordinate on the management of the legal function within the team in an effective way.
4. Review all ongoing legal matters, disputes, litigation; interpret legal notices and information and provide advice and liaise with external counsel as may be required.
5. Assisting the Head Legal in legal functions including drafting leases and service agreements for pan India.
6. Set internal governance policies and identify risks and provide proactive solutions to mitigate risks in operation.
7. Demonstrable experience in handling matters relating to corporate-commercial laws/issues viz Property due diligence, Transfer of Property Act, Indian Registration Act, Stamp Act, Information Technology Act, Indian Contract Act, the Electricity Act, Companies Act, Municipal Corporation bylaws, etc.
8. Contract Management, contractual compliances monitoring, and management, maintaining MIS
Desired Experience & Background:
1. 6+ years of experience preferably from Service Sector industry or who has worked with a law firm (at least tier 2 ).
2. Maintains the highest degree of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
3. Possesses a good understanding of corporate, real estate, Co-living spaces, privacy and data protection laws.
4. Fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of additional languages will be considered favorably.
5. Significant experience and demonstrated expertise across multiple legal practice areas, coupled with a strong understanding of the India legal landscape
6. Well-developed analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills combined with the ability to influence key stakeholders