Zolo Stays - National Operations Head (7-14 yrs)
We, at Zolo, are looking for a Head of Operations for taking complete ownership of driving business and operating efficiencies across all cities. Our ideal candidate comes with 8+ years of very strong experience in managing business profitability and operations in relevant sectors - hospitality, retail, multi-site operations, logistics, supply chain, etc. He/She is expected to achieve aggressive operational efficiencies and metrics and align closely with the overall P&L targets. The position would involve working very closely with the senior management team at Zolo - COO, CEO and other CXOs.
ZoloStays is a India's leading and fastest growing provider of managed co-living spaces which are fun,flexible and functional. We are Series-B funded by Nexus Venture Partners, IDFC Alternatives and Mirae Asset and valued at ~USD 100 mn in the last round. With an aim to provide a completely hassle-free long term living experience to working professionals as well as students, our living spaces offer a wide range of basic and luxury living amenities. Our managed living solutions are looking to elevate the traditional paying guest accommodations / hostels, and offer beautiful living experience. Our biggest USP comes from a vibrant resident community, omni channel platform, top notch services such as hygienic and healthy food, furnished rooms, daily housekeeping, seamless internet facilities, hi-tech security and more - all enabled by technology.
We are currently present in 9 cities (Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, Noida,Kota and Coimbatore) with over 20,000 live beds and fast expanding within these geographies as well as to other cities. Founded by alumni of IIM, IIT, AIIMS, ISB, we are currently a team size of 1,000+ and expanding aggressively.
About the Role / Responsibilities:
The role of the Head of Operations Head would encompass driving the following metrics, by partnering with the city operations teams:
- Driving overall profitability of the business - ensure that targets are achieved on revenues as well as costs at the city level, through influencing metrics of occupancy, pricing and operational costs
- Delivering target service levels and operational metrics: by supervision of end-to-end property operations, defining SOPs and business processes, ensuring compliance and handling escalations
- Managing customer satisfaction and churn - Be owner of customer satisfaction metrics through service delivery and keeping churn numbers within target levels, monitoring and handling escalations of customer complaints
- Managing Operations team hiring and retention - through proper manpower planning, acting as mentor to mid-level team members and conducting pulse checks of the junior levels
- Developing strong information dashboards: ensuring the right data processes are in place for effective data capture and analysis to enable quick decision making.
KPI'S for the Role
- Overall profitability targets across cities - through a combination of meeting occupancy targets and cost targets across cities / properties
- Maintaining a high Customer Satisfaction Score for the properties
- Meeting target service levels and key operating metrics, low turnaround times for customer issues
- Process adherence and timely reporting
- Team development and growth
Desired Experience / Background:
- Strong Operations Leadership Experience: The ideal candidates comes with 8+ years of experience in multiple operational / leadership roles, leading up to P&L ownership
- Profitability Management Experience: Prior experience of managing profitability drivers through targets definition / monitoring and driving outcomes through distributed teams is a must
- People Management Experience: The ideal candidate should have good experience of managing people across senior and mid levels and managing outcomes under all circumstances
MBA / CA / Engineering Degree from top tier institutes would be preferred; excellent academic credentials is a must
Relevant industry experience:
Experience in general management / operations / business controller roles in relevant sectors like hospitality, facilities management, retail, multi-site operations, logistics, supply chain etc would be preferred, prior experience in top-tier consulting firms will be preferred
- High customer centricity
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, ability to work with dashboards and spreadsheets
- High degree of initiative and on-the-ground execution focus
- Strong people management skills
- Strong program management and process development skills
- Languages: Complete command over English and Hindi is a must
Location & Compensation:
- Base location: Bangalore
- Compensation: As per Market Standards, along with equity component
If you find the role interesting, please use the following link to apply:
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.