Zolo Stays - Manager - Activations & Procurement (4-6 yrs)
Role Overview :
We, at Zolo (www.zolostays.com), are looking for an experienced procurement manager who would be responsible for procurement of all A-class and B-class items across locations. She/he will be responsible for finalizing item specifications in multiple configurations as per project needs, finding the right national or regional vendors, running the negotiations and finalizing commercial terms, and ensuring timely ordering and delivery of the items to respective locations. She/he would need to be highly process oriented and experienced in managing the procurement processes for a fast-growing organization. The role requires intermittent travel to other locations for vendor meetings as well as project setup support. An ideal candidate would come with 4-6 years of experience in procurement, preferably in white and brown goods, furniture and home equipment, and construction industries.
About ZoloStays :
Zolo is a Nexus funded, series B company which provides fully managed co-living spaces which are fun, flexible and functional. We are currently present in Bangalore, Pune, Chennai, Delhi and Kota, Mumbai,Hyderabad and fast expanding to other geographies. Founded by alumni of IIMs, IITs, AIIMS, ISB, we are at a team size of 500+.
Our managed co-living solutions are looking to elevate the traditional paying guest accommodations / hostels, and offer all kinds of basic and luxury living amenities with a promise of high quality. Some of the prominent features include fully furnished rooms, hygienic and healthy food, daily housekeeping, internet facilities, security and a vibrant community. We are now looking to aggressively expand our operations in existing as well as new markets.
About the Role / Responsibilities :
The role of the Procurement Manager would encompass the following :
- Defining requirements and specifications of items: Preparing a database of all A class and B class items required across projects across locations, along with quantities required and specifications of those items.
- Finalizing vendors and commercial terms: Running a detailed RFQ process with national / regional vendors to consolidate requirements and achieve most efficient procurement in terms of quality, cost and time.
- Ensuring timely ordering and delivery of items across locations: Based on future projections and actual requirements from nodes at different locations, including handling logistics of the same
- Building and maintaining vendor relationships: Continue to enhance and develop the vendor base through different avenues of international sourcing, online sourcing, developing sourcing and logistics partners
KPIs for the role would be the following :
- Procurement Cost, Quality and Time- Defining the item specifications with the right trade-off of cost, quality and timeliness / reliability of procurement
- Propose innovative and cost-effective processes, policies, systems based on supply chain business data and metrics
- Process adherence and timely reporting
Desired Experience / Background :
Key Skill Sets :
- Strong understanding of the procurement process, vendor management, negotiations, finance processes related to procurement
- Evaluate business requirement and ramp up of supply chain across new cities
- Good experience of handling spreadsheets (MS-Excel), numerical assessment, analytical problem solving, data collection and assessment
- Good presentation and communication skills, ability to independently meet and represent Zolo with large suppliers / corporations.
- Prior Experience: Candidates with 4-6 years of experience of managing procurement of high-value items, particularly in in white and brown goods, furniture and home equipment, and construction industries will be preferred.
Educational Background : Graduate (Civil or Mechanical engineer preferred), MBA from a Tier-I institute preferred but not mandatory.
Languages : English is mandatory and fluency in Hindi is a plus.
Location & Compensation :
Location : Gurgaon, with intermittent travel to other locations for vendor meetings and project setup.
Compensation : As per Market Standards