Talent Aquisition at Zolostays
Views:2193 Applications:334 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:249
Zolo Stays - City Operations Head (4-8 yrs)
City Operations Head
We, at Zolo, are looking for a senior leader in Bangalore who can take complete ownership of driving business and operating efficiencies across all Zolo properties in the city. Our ideal candidate comes with 4-7 years of very strong experience in managing business profitability and operations in relevant industries - hospitality, retail, multi-site operations, logistics, supply chain, etc. He/She is expected to achieve aggressive operational efficiencies and metrics and align closely with the overall P&L targets. The position would involve working very closely with the senior management team at Zolo - COO, CEO and other CXOs.
ZoloStays is a India's leading and fastest growing provider of managed co-living spaces which are fun, flexible and functional. We are Series-B funded by Nexus Venture Partners, IDFC Alternatives and Mirae Asset and valued at ~USD 100 mn in the last round. With an aim to provide a completely hassle-free long term living experience to working professionals as well as students, our living spaces offer a wide range of basic and luxury living amenities. Our managed living solutions are looking to elevate the traditional paying guest accommodations / hostels, and offer beautiful living experience. Our biggest USP comes from a vibrant resident community, omni channel platform, top notch services such as hygienic and healthy food, furnished rooms, daily housekeeping, seamless internet facilities, hi-tech security and more - all enabled by technology.
We are currently present in 9 cities (Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, Noida, Kota and Coimbatore) with over 20,000 live beds and fast expanding within these geographies as well as to other cities. Founded by alumni of IIM, IIT, AIIMS, ISB, we are currently a team size of 1,000+ and expanding aggressively.
About the Role / Responsibilities:
The role of the City Head of Operations would encompass the following:
- Driving business profitability - ensure that targets are achieved on revenues as well as costs at the city level, through influencing metrics of occupancy, pricing and operational costs
- Delivering target service levels and operational metrics: by supervision of end-to-end property operations, managing cluster level teams, defining SOPs and business processes, ensuring compliance and handling escalations
- Managing customer satisfaction and churn - Be owner of customer satisfaction metrics through service delivery and keeping churn numbers within target levels, monitoring and handling escalations of customer complaints
- Managing Operations team hiring and retention - through proper manpower planning, acting as mentor to mid-level team members and conducting pulse checks of the junior levels
- Developing strong information dashboards: ensuring the right data processes are in place for effective data capture and analysis to enable quick decision making
KPIs for the role would be the following:
- Overall profitability targets across cities - through a combination of meeting occupancy targets and cost targets across cities / properties
- Maintaining a high Customer Satisfaction Score for the properties
- Meeting target service levels and key operating metrics, low turnaround times for customer issues
- Process adherence and timely reporting
- Team development and growth
Desired Experience / Background:
Prior Operations Experience : We are looking for a young and energetic team player with experience in general management / consulting / operations roles; experience in industries like hospitality, facilities management, consulting, manufacturing, supply chain, logistics and plant operations would be preferred.
Profitability Management Experience : Prior experience of managing profitability drivers (revenue as well as cost drivers) through direct management of outcomes and teams
People Management Experience : The ideal candidate should have prior experience of dealing with people across levels and managing outcomes under all circumstances.
Educational Background: Engineers and MBAs from top tier institutes would be preferred; Excellent academic credentials is a must.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, ability to work with dashboards and MIS reports
- High degree of initiative and on-the-ground execution focus
- Strong people management skills
- Good program management skills
Languages: Complete Fluency in English and Hindi is a must
Location & Compensation:
Compensation: As per Market Standards