Zolo Stays - Business Head - F&B Vertical (6-14 yrs)
Zolostays has a vision of creating Food Services as a unique differentiator for Co-living, with independent deliverables and economics. Currently, the F&B teams are structured by city and catering to ~30,000 meals per day. This is set to grow to over 1 lakhs meals a day within the next 12 months. In the longer run Zolostays also has the vision to create F&B as a separate business unit, also catering to external customers.
With this vision, we are looking for an overall Head of F&B Vertical, who can take complete ownership for Food operations across all our locations in India. Our ideal candidate comes with 8-10 years of very strong operations and profitability management experience in food or other processing industries. The position would involve working very closely with the senior management team at Zolo - COO, CEO and other CXOs.
ZoloStays is a India's leading and fastest growing provider of managed co-living spaces which are fun, flexible and functional. We are Series-B funded by Nexus Venture Partners, IDFC Alternatives and Mirae Asset and valued at ~USD 100 mn in the last round. With an aim to provide a completely hassle-free long term living experience to working professionals as well as students, our living spaces offer a wide range of basic and luxury living amenities. Our managed living solutions are looking to elevate the traditional paying guest accommodations / hostels, and offer beautiful living experience. Our biggest USP comes from a vibrant resident community, omni channel platform, top notch services such as hygienic and healthy food, furnished rooms, daily housekeeping, seamless internet facilities, hi-tech security and more - all enabled by technology.
We are currently present in 9 cities (Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, Noida, Kota and Coimbatore) with over 20,000 live beds and fast expanding within these geographies as well as to other cities. Founded by alumni of IIM, IIT, AIIMS, ISB, we are currently a team size of 1,000+ and expanding aggressively.
About the Role / Responsibilities:
- The role of the Head of F&B Vertical would entail complete end-to-end accountability for the entire food operations, more specifically the following:
- Defining the F&B offering - the right menu and recipes based on identified needs of the target customers, and delivering to the end customers with strong quality management
- End-to-end management of core F&B processes - defining and ensuring adherence to all F&B processes including demand forecasting, procurement, storage, kitchen operations, logistics, and final presentation / service to the customers
Cost management: meeting target costs for meals served across locations, with efficient procurement, controlling wastage's and planning the right processes that deliver planned cost
Customer satisfaction: achieving high levels of customer satisfaction of food, defining the right channels for food feedback collection and action, complaint resolution, minimizing churn due to food issues, and driving higher occupancies at the properties with an attractive food offering
F&B Infrastructure management: building the right level of infrastructure to handle the growing demand with appropriate kitchen layouts, equipment, safety and hygiene
Team management, resource planning and hiring: Managing a high performance driven team, and building a strong organization with robust resource planning and hiring across levels
Developing strong information dashboards: ensuring the right data processes are in place for effective data capture and analysis to enable quick decision making
KPIs for the role would be the following:
- High customer satisfaction - Food satisfaction rating of 4+ on a scale of 5
- Cost management - as defined per city / target segment
- Meeting target service levels and key operating metrics, low turnaround times for customer issues
- Process adherence and timely reporting
- Team development and growth
Desired Experience / Background:
Strong Prior Experience in F&B / Processing industries: The ideal candidates comes with 8+ years of leadership experience in F&B and catering operations with leading organized players / hotels.
Cost / Profitability Management Experience: Prior experience of managing cost and profitability drivers through targets definition / monitoring and driving outcomes through distributed teams
People Management Experience: The ideal candidate should have good experience of managing people across senior and mid levels and managing outcomes under all circumstances
Educational Background: Tier 1 MBA or degree in hospitality / hotel management from a reputed institute
- High customer centricity, strong aptitude for understanding people's food habits and preferences
- Entrepreneurial and driven by building a strong business
- Strong understanding of menu design based on customer needs, delivering food service
- High degree of initiative and on-the-ground execution focus
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to work with MIS and dashboards
- Strong people management skills
Languages: Complete command over English and Hindi is a must
Location & Compensation:
Base location: Bangalore
Compensation: As per Market Standards, along with equity component
More about the leadership team that you would be working closely with:
Amar Choudhary - COO, Zolostays.
Dr. Nikhil Sikri - CEO, Zolostays.
Ajay Singh - Chief Growth Officer, Zolostays.
Abhishek Lahiri - Chief Strategy Officer, Zolostays.
Sneha Choudhry - Cofounder, Zolostays.
If you find the role interesting, please apply on redirection link also.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.