Yulu - Senior Manager - Strategic Sourcing & Vendor Management - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (7-12 yrs)
Senior Manager - Strategic Sourcing and Vendor Management
About Yulu :
Are you sick of breathing poor quality air in our cities? Do you worry about climate change? Have you felt like pulling your hair on seeing a congested red route on the Google map?
Did you nod in 'yes'? Same here, we did too! And so, we at Yulu set out to fix all of these issues by making our mobility smart, efficient and sustainable.
Being India's leading shared electric mobility player with the largest fleet of EVs and biggest Battery- as-a-Service network, Yulu is reimagining urban mobility for a better future. Not only do we provide an affordable, sustainable and accessible commute alternative to daily commuters, but we are also making last-mile goods deliveries cheaper and green. Simply put, we are revolutionizing the way urban India commutes and consumes by building the Mobility 2.0 paradigm.
We are innovating at the intersection of consumer behaviour, public policies, urban infrastructure, cutting edge technology, deep learning, product design, supply chain innovation and economic inclusion. Our proprietary mobility platform uses IoT, Machine Learning, and AI for vehicle access, fleet management, intelligent demand-supply management, and efficient operations.
After 3 years of building a strong foundation for electric mobility, now, as we are ready to feverishly scale our business 10x this year and 100x over the next 3 years by working on many new, complex & BIG challenges on technology, data, product, markets, customer segments and growth, we still feel we are just getting started!
If our mission brings a spark in your eyes & if you'd like to join some of the most passionate people in the country who are committed to transform the cacophony on Indian roads into a symphony - Come, join the #Unstoppable Yulu team!!
Our Website: https://www.yulu.bike/
Job Summary :
Yulu is looking for a Senior manager, Strategic Sourcing and Vendor Management based in Bangalore who is passionate about transforming mobility in India to electric and sustainable. You must have exceptional organizational abilities to build, setup and head an organization dedicated to source & co-develop various products like electric two-wheelers, IOTs, charging systems, batteries, etc that are used for Yulu's business.
Key Responsibilities :
You will be responsible for building a base of tier 1 suppliers who can deliver the required products as per our business requirements and also optimize for time, pricing and quality. You will be measured on SLAs set up by the business teams. You will be required to collaborate very closely with Revenue & Operations, Finance and Technology teams at Yulu.
The following category of activities will be the key to enable the core operational activities of Yulu for exponential and sustainable growth:
1. Electric 2Ws: Become key point of contact from Yulu to work with our strategic OEM partners like Bajaj Auto Ltd in development, enhancements and sourcing plan. Ensure that our learnings are incorporated in future version of our vehicles.
2. Processes and compliance: Creation and maintenance of processes/SOPs and their timely review, compliance of statutory requirements related to sourcing, logistics, import requirements, various certifications for vehicles (ex. homologation) and other hardware.
3. Strategic Partnerships: Setting up win-win partnerships and contracts with external entities/vendors, e.g. component suppliers, logistics partner, design houses.
4. Negotiation & Quality: Ensure current and forward looking requirements are being met with a network of partners. Maintain a good balance among quality, time and pricing by negotiating deals that are in Yulu's best interest.
5. Logistics: Ensure that the logistics of all the material between the internal and external stakeholders is smooth and efficient. Maintain minimum cost and lead time.
6. Customs: Handle the customs clearances for all the international shipments and ensure all the necessary compliances are met.
In short, this will be your dream job where you will be responsible for everything that we need to run our services and fulfill the overall Yulu Vision.
Key Requirements :
- 7+ years of experience with Sourcing & Supply Chain Management (local and global Supply Chain) with deep understanding of dealing with global supplier base.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a leadership role with exceptional vendor management & negotiation skills.
- Be a self-starter who thrives in a rapidly growing organization. Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities.
- Passion for mobility, urban planning, and sustainable living.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- MBA from one of the top management B-schools or global-equivalent will be plus.
We assure you :
- A friendly culture where you are encouraged to share ideas and opinions.
- A journey that will challenge and reward you in multiple ways.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.