Chief Of Operations at Yulu
Views:2040 Applications:174 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:63
Yulu - Manager - Procurement - IIM/ISB/NITIE/IIT (3-5 yrs)
- Looking for passionate individuals who are willing to contribute towards the vision of Yulu-
Who we are
- Yulu's vision is to reduce traffic congestion by providing a scalable, affordable, efficient and clean solution for the first mile, last mile, and short distance commute. We strongly believe that short commute mode can be made more Efficient, Affordable and GREEN, thereby ensuring that future generations will have a healthy environment to live. We want to replace big personal vehicles with a smaller form factor that does not require fossil fuel.
Yulu NMVs (Non-Motorized Vehicles), e.g. e-scooters, bicycles etc. use IoT technology to create a vast network of shared vehicles that can be rented easily by a user-friendly app in pay per use business model.
- We are a mission-driven company with a solid founding team and big ambitions. At Yulu we believe that every day is a mission and success is exciting when it's attained with fun and as a team. If you want to solve the problem of traffic congestion, reduce pollution, positively impact the society and be part of a global dynamic team, join us in our journey to shape better India for our future generations.
Objectives, Responsibilities and Duties
- Yulu is looking for a Procurement Manager who is passionate about building a culture of micro-mobility, i.e. one-person commute using NMVs in India.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Plan and strategize the procurement of NMVs and their spare parts; domestic and international.
- Timely procurement ensuring zero outages of products, spare-parts and other SKUs.
- Reduction in costs of the products and other SKUs.
- Identify alternative/multiple and local vendors/sources.
- Manage and monitor various procurement activities: evaluation, contracting, contract management, legal considerations and payment conditions, contractors, performance evaluation and risk assessment.
- Closely evaluate quality of supplies from vendors and address issues as necessary.
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities in the products/spare-parts/other SKUs per se, by coordinating within Yulu and work with the vendors to affect the required changes to make them more user and sharing-friendly.
- Work closely with the other internal stakeholders for a seamless supply chain, i.e. planning, inventory control, logistics and distribution.
- Create and maintain good relations with vendors. Identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardizing quality and service delivery.
- Make recommendations to management to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations in general.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders towards continuous improvement. Drive related best practices in the organization.
You will be measured on the savings affected and timely availability of spare-parts, NMVs and other SKUs. In short, this will be your dream job where you will contribute in setting up a strong supply chain function in a fast-growing organization to make micro-mobility a way of life in India to fulfill the overall Yulu Vision.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience into Procurement preferably in the e-mobility domain.
- International and domestic sourcing experience.
- Excellent vendor management and relationship building skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Process oriented and data-driven decision-making approach.
- A go-getter with an execution-oriented mindset who can establish best practices.
- Self-starter who thrives in a rapidly growing organization. Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities.
- Passion for mobility, urban planning and sustainable living.
- Procurement or supply chain management- related qualifications are preferred.
- High integrity and great communication and interpersonal skills.