Yulu - Manager - Inventory Management & Control (3-8 yrs)
Inventory Management and Control Manager
About Yulu :
- Are you sick of breathing poor quality air in our cities? Do you worry about climate change? Have you felt like pulling your hair on seeing a congested red route on the Google map?
- Did you nod in 'yes'? Same here, we did too! And so, we at Yulu set out to fix all of these issues by making our mobility smart, efficient and sustainable.
- Being India's leading shared electric mobility player with the largest fleet of EVs and biggest Battery-as-a-Service network, Yulu is reimagining urban mobility for a better future. Not only do we provide an affordable, sustainable and accessible commute alternative to daily commuters, but we are also making last-mile goods deliveries cheaper and green. Simply put, we are revolutionizing the way urban India commutes and consumes by building the Mobility 2.0 paradigm.
- We are innovating at the intersection of consumer behavior, public policies, urban infrastructure, cutting edge technology, deep learning, product design, supply chain innovation and economic inclusion. Our proprietary mobility platform uses IoT, Machine Learning, and AI for vehicle access, fleet management, intelligent demand-supply management, and efficient operations.
- After 3 years of building a strong foundation for electric mobility, now, as we are ready to feverishly scale our business 10x this year and 100x over the next 3 years by working on many new, complex & BIG challenges on technology, data, product, markets, customer segments and growth, we still feel we are just getting started!
- If our mission brings a spark in your eyes & if you'd like to join some of the most passionate people in the country who are committed to transform the cacophony on Indian roads into a symphony - Come, join the #Unstoppable Yulu team!!
Role Summary :
- As an Inventory Management & Control Manager, you will be closely working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure efficient handling and fulfillment of spare parts of the EVs and supplies for attainment of business goals.
- You will be involved in developing and implementing a strategy for forecasting supplies, optimizing inventory management and control procedures, creating scalable infrastructure for hyper growth.
Key Responsibilities :
- Manage PAN India inventory of spare parts and supplies ensuring zero stock outs with optimized costs.
- Oversee the storage and distribution infrastructure, related operations, establish performance metrics and evaluate performance in line with global best practices.
- Create infrastructure for warehousing and transportation for expansion to multiple cities and additional clusters in active cities.
- Develop and implement warehouse safety & quality policies and procedures and enable the smooth flow of goods inter and intra cities, and among employees.
- Control inventory levels in a cost optimized way in line with the budget planning, suggests improvements to increase efficiency of the supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Provide accurate forecast of inventory.
- Negotiate shipping prices and transportation agreements with vendors.
- Set up infrastructure and processes for repairs of spare parts internally/externally, ideate and implement proper scrapping policies for inventory etc.
- Assess the need for material-handling equipment and staffing; make recommendations to ensure efficient loading, unloading, movement, and storage of materials.
- Participates as an advisory member of the product development team, providing information and guidance on availability and cost of supplies and materials.
- Create SOPs, review processes, have them implemented on the ground and lead projects where necessary - in harmony with the five Yulu Operating Principles and the priorities.
- Collaborate with City Heads and the Heads of the various activities/verticals in the Operations vertical and strengthen the profile of the R&M function.
- Use data to find insights and improvement areas and advice/implement changes.
Key Requirements :
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, shippers, and customers.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
We Assure You :
- A friendly culture where you are encouraged to share ideas and opinions.
- Opportunities in a growing and sustainable industry.
- A chance to work with revolutionary technology and AI based solutions.