Co-founder and Chief of Operations at Yulu
Views:2319 Applications:529 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:195
Yulu - Manager - Control Room Operations (4-5 yrs)
Who we are:
- Yulu is a technology driven mobility platform to enable Integrated Urban Mobility across public and private modes of transport. Using Micro Mobility Vehicles (MMVs) through a user-friendly mobile app, Yulu provides a seamless, shared and sustainable first and last-mile connectivity.
- Yulu is built on a simple philosophy to make Urban Mobility Seamless, Shareable and Sustainable. What started off as an initiative to reduce traffic congestion and pollution in Indian cities is now redefining urban mobility in the global context.
- We are a mission-driven company based out of India with experienced founding team and big ambition. At Yulu, we believe that every day is a milestone and success is about making a difference. If you are passionate about the challenges of urban mobility, chaotic congestion and sustainable living, let's have a conversation!
- The city operations are geographically split across multiple units called clusters, each headed by a cluster manager who manages the on-field operations.
- The control room (CR) is the central function which coordinates the various on-field activities and their smooth round the clock execution like safety, relocation, cleaning, repairs, maintenance, battery swapping etc. of the bikes and creation and maintenance of the Yulu Zones. The CR also acts like the brain of the city operations continuously analysing and optimizing on revenue and cost.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Yulu is looking for Manager, Control Room Operations who is passionate about building a culture of micro- mobility using MMVs in India.
- You will be responsible for the smooth functioning of the Control Room with the objective of maintaining high customer satisfaction by ensuring sufficient availability of well-maintained and usable bikes across demand points in the city. You will be reporting to the City Head, Bangalore.
1. All responsibilities and activities of the control room function are performed flawlessly on 24x7x365 basis.
2. Head the various activities/verticals which are part of the control room and strengthen the control room team.
3. Follow SOPs, process reviews, improvements and implementation from time to time - in harmony with the five operating principles and the priorities.
4. Coordinate with various clusters and functions within the city team and identify opportunities to enhance productivity by optimizing processes.
5. Identify root causes for operational issues and inefficiencies; on-ground and otherwise. Recommend improvements and seek help on resolutions and lead projects where necessary.
6. Raise various technical and other requirements from the city to various central functions like operations-design, technology, marketing, HR etc.
7. Use data to find insights and improvement areas and advice/implement changes.
8. Keep the organization and management informed of status, progress and plans.
9. You will be measured on city's P&L, the usage metrics of the bikes, revenue, % utilization of the bikes, customer satisfaction index, the efficiency of the fleet management operations etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
a. 4-5 years of experience in a similar role.
b. Understanding of the domain, i.e. operations, logistics, supply chain, fleet management and mobility.
c. A go-getter with an execution-oriented mindset who is excited about making a big impact.
d. A data-driven decision-making approach.
e. Preferably an MBA.
f. Be a self-starter who thrives in a rapidly growing organization. Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities.
g. Great communication and interpersonal skills.