Co-founder and Chief of Operations at Yulu
Views:4024 Applications:685 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:627
Yulu - City Head (8-12 yrs)
Who we are :
Yulu is a technology driven mobility platform to enable Integrated Urban Mobility across public and private modes of transport. Using Micro Mobility Vehicles (MMVs) through a user-friendly mobile app, Yulu provides a seamless, shared and sustainable first and last-mile connectivity.
Yulu is built on a simple philosophy to make Urban Mobility Seamless, Shareable and Sustainable. What started off as an initiative to reduce traffic congestion and pollution in Indian cities is now redefining urban mobility in the global context.
We are a mission-driven company based out of India with seasoned founding team and big ambitions. At Yulu, we believe that every day is a milestone and success is about making a difference.
Yulu aspires to be the preferred mode of commute for distances up to five km. This vision is particularly relevant in Greater Mumbai which is host to more than 18 million residents and majorly moves on an extensive network of public transport with people mostly looking for the first and last mile solution. This provides a huge opportunity to create a large-scale network with a strong top line and bottom line.
Business Set up :
- The City Head is responsible for managing the P&L for the city constituting business operations, customer satisfaction, large business partnerships, vendor management, relationships with external authorities and entities.
- Business operations constitutes asset relocation, repairs and maintenance, battery swapping, safety and security of the vehicles. These activities are conducted by inhouse, contractual and external staff. For day-to-day management, the city is split into geographic clusters where the aforementioned activities are managed by the cluster managers. These cluster-managers report to the City Head.
Responsibilities and Duties :
Yulu is looking for City Head, Greater Mumbai who is passionate about building a culture of micro-mobility in India. You will be reporting to the Co-founders (Chief of Operations and President Ecosystem Partnerships). You will be responsible for:
1. Formulating the business strategy for Greater Mumbai which includes Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane, Kalyan, Panvel etc., launching Yulu in new areas and running day-to-day operations.
2. Strengthening the relationships with the government bodies, public transportation entities, large real estate entities (residential and commercial) etc. and representing Yulu locally for building the brand, key partnerships etc.
3. City's P&L, the usage metrics of the bikes, revenue, utilization of the bikes, customer experience and satisfaction index, direct cost of operations, the efficiency of the operations etc. In short, this will be your dream job where you will be responsible for making electric mobility a way of life in the region and fulfilling the overall Yulu vision.
4. Ensuring that all staff (field and office) follow appropriate health and safety measures with zero exceptions. Advising ways to further improve the working conditions of the staff and increasing the employee satisfaction.
5. Following existing SOPs and creating new ones, reviewing processes, implementing them on the ground and lead projects where necessary - in harmony with the five Yulu Operating Principles and the priorities.
6. Coming up with and encouraging out of the box solutions for problems and be the ambassador for creative problem-solving.
7. Coordinating with the central functions like technology, customer support, operations design, learning and development, finance, marketing, HR etc. to tap their expertise and optimize the day-to-day execution machinery.
8. Being abreast with the latest developments in the EV/mobility domain and represent Yulu's interest as and where necessary.
9. Keeping the organization and management informed of status, progress and plans etc.
Qualifications and Skills :
1. 8 - 12 years of experience including as a business and operations head. Experience with (electric) fleet management, i.e. repairs, maintenance, logistics, supply chain will be an added advantage. 2 - 4 years of experience with business development will be a strong plus.
2. Understanding of Greater Mumbai at deep level and preferably a resident.
3. Entrepreneurial and data-driven decision-making approach.
4. A go-getter with an execution-oriented mindset who can set up both, brownfield and greenfield operations, establish best practices and who is excited about making a big impact.
5. Be a self-starter who thrives in a rapidly growing organization. Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities.
6. Good understanding of and passion for new age technology concepts.
7. Great communication and interpersonal skills. Professional proficiency with Marathi is preferred.
8. MBA from top management B-schools in India or global-equivalent.
If you are passionate about solving the challenges of urban mobility, chaotic congestion, sustainable living and the above description, let's have a conversation!