Assistant Vice President at Yes Bank Limited
Views:3916 Applications:178 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Yes Bank - EVP - Corporate Risk & CAD - Y-ACE - IIM/XLRI/FMS/MDI (9-12 yrs)
Strategic/ Managerial Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements strategic plans in line with the division's objectives.
- Supports the development of the workforce plan for the division by providing inputs on own department's workforce forecasts.
- Manages and controls the operating framework for the department, provides guidance and support, ensures implementation and review of work processes in order to achieve high-performance standards and continuous improvement.
- Prepares and manages the annual budget for the department and reporting sections in conjunction with the division's budget and secures subsequent approvals, tracks expenditure and ensures adherence to the budget
- Acts as a strategic advisor to and partners with the business segment to develop short term and long-term strategy while focusing on key aspects of change management, organizational development, process improvement, performance management and reviews.
- Partners with relevant business heads for identification, launch and rollout of key initiatives/ enhancement of existing processes in line with the Bank's short term and long-term objectives.
- Liaises with Business Heads to understand any challenges / issues across various business process or roll out of new initiatives and recommend suitable solutions to ensure minimization in disruption of business activities or completion of projects.
- Monitors, tracks and drives strategic projects with the objective of ensuring timely closure of projects and delivery of outcome in line with the envisioned end state.
- Partners with Business Heads and relevant functions such as Digital Banking, Business and Digital Technology Solutions Group etc. to identify, evaluate and drive key avenues for digitization with the objective of enhancing customer experience or improving business efficiencies.
- Partners with Business Head to define and prepare short term and long-term board level strategy and business updates for partner Business Units as per the board and RBI guidelines and requirements.
- Participates and leads various strategic business reviews as and when required or as directed by the MD&CEO and share key findings and recommendations for enhancement / changes in business strategies, processes and efficiencies etc.
- Partners with respective Business Head and other functions as and when required on all matters related to preparing and presenting bulletins/memos/proposals to the MD & CEO / Board / RBI etc.
- Acts as an internal consultant and facilitator and addresses and resolves any challenges / issues / roadblocks in design / rollout of new initiatives and takes requisite steps to ensure synergy between Business Units.
Research and Benchmarking Support
- Guides team members and undertakes periodic market reviews and competitor analysis of developments/new trends in different products/services/processes/innovations for partner Business Units.
- Initiates analysis of trends on business performance across geography/channels/products basis inputs from internal and external stakeholders with definitive suggestions for strategy formulation and decision making to take the business into new trajectories of scale.
- Stays updated on various aspects related to the domain area through various external and internal research articles, news reports, regulatory guidelines etc. to provide relevant inputs to partner business unit stakeholders.
- Explores and evaluates innovative business opportunities, new initiatives, channels etc. basis on inputs from internal and external stakeholders to take the business into a new trajectory of scale.
People Management Responsibilities :
- Develops a continuous talent pipeline for key roles in the department and provides mentoring for high potential talent in the team.
- Monitors and enables the achievement of goals and key performance indicators for direct reports and ensures effective implementation of the performance management process in the department.
- Develops talent within the department by providing guidance, ongoing feedback, coaching and development opportunities to individuals to enable achievement of the defined goals.
Risk and Internal Control Responsibilities:
- Governs implementation of risk-related policies and processes (operational, regulatory, financial, informational, reputational and audit risks) for the department, ensuring that that these meet regulatory and internal control requirements.
- Reviews implementation of the internal control systems in line with relevant operating procedures and regulatory requirements and takes corrective action based on audit findings.
Minimum Qualifications: Master's degree in Business Administration (full-time) from Premier (Tier 1) Institutes only
Years of Experience:
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant experience with at least 9 years in a similar role
- Corporate Risk Management experience in extremely large corporates (BFSI) essential
- Experience managing teams
Nature of Experience: Prior experience in corporate Risk BFSI Sector / Consulting domain in BFSI
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.