Writer Corporation - Head - Human Resources - XLRI/TISS/FMS/MDI (20-25 yrs)
Established in 1953 and headquartered in Mumbai, Writer Corporation is into Global Business Services, Realty and Lifestyle businesses.
Writer Business Services (WBS) comprises of Global Mobility, Information Management and ATM Management, each of them being one of the leading players in their respective addressable markets. It has presence in India, UK, Middle East, Singapore and Nigeria serving 3000+ corporate clients including Large Corporates, Banks, Insurance and Financial Services companies. It has over 9000 employees including frontline and outsource staff.
Global Mobility vertical is a provider of integrated relocations and workspace solutions globally across People, Assets and Knowledge Management. It has a strong 300+ partner network across the world. Information Management comprises of Secured Storage Services, Business Process Services, Cloud and Data Services and Digital Solutions.
Hilton Shillim Estate Retreat and Spa near Mumbai is the marquee leisure and wellness hospitality project of the Lifestyle business, set up in collaboration with Hilton Worldwide.
The group is professionally managed with well established Board Governance Structure comprising of Independent Directors. The group operates in a high performance culture and aims for above benchmark investment returns through strong operating metrics. Governance and Excellence being the cornerstones, Writer Corporation focusses on setting new service standards by adopting leading global practices. Commitment, Ownership, Passion, Integrity and Collaboration are the Values of Writer Corporation
The role heads the HR function for the entire group across all the business lines and (9000 employees) reports to Group Head - Corporate Services. The Corporate Services provides centralized functions like Strategy, Technology, Marketing, People, and Operation Transformation and Excellence to all the group businesses.
The person will be heading the Group HR for the entire 9000 strong group across several businesses. The individual businesses also have HR Heads who will have a dotted line reporting relationship to this role.
The HR Leader role would oversee all aspects of human resources (HR), its practices, and operations in order to meet the needs of the constantly evolving business. S/he would be responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan, strategic direction of the organization as aligned to the vision, mission and values. S/he would develop programs in the areas of succession planning, talent management, organizational culture, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation.
- He / She would be responsible for formulating strategies that enhance the quality of human capital within the business.
- S/he translates the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans which correspond with the overall business objectives
- S/he evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory actions in terms of their impact on the attraction, motivation, development , and retention of the people resources of the organization
- Act as a key partner and coach who is tasked with facilitating strategic planning and initiatives related to change management, organizational structure and talent management
- Creating and implementing programs that promote diversity and inclusion in the organization.
- Creating and implementing HR Shared service model based on well-defined process leading to continuous improvement and modernization of all employee life cycle activities.
- Reviewing corporate policies to ensure corporate consistency and integration with the company's ethics philosophies. Integrates the corporate ethics message throughout the corporate culture. Conduct ethical decision-making training for senior management on ethical issues and avoiding conflict of interest.
- Conceptualizing and implementing Transformation projects that brings in talent development, retention, culture transformation thereby making the organization a great place to work .
- S/he will be responsible for ensuring that the vision, mission and values are clearly communicated and understood at all levels of the business. For providing guidelines to ensure that employee conduct is aligned with the VMV and appropriate for driving a high-performance culture within the organization.
- S/he would ensure that the organizational compensation and rewards structure are reflective of a dynamic and competitive business environment and are framed to ensure optimal performance delivery
- S/he develops human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps incorporating varied forms of learning to prepare employees for more significant responsibilities and to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the industry.
- Develop comprehensive Leadership succession process, including the identification, development and assessment of potential candidates. Plan and manage the actual transition, including the onboarding of the successor candidate into the role and the change leadership requirements to ensure a smooth and orderly succession.
- Identify and preparing of emerging leaders across the enterprise, keeping an eye out for underrated or underdeveloped talent.
- Design and execution of a talent management program to ensure a robust middle management and a successor pipeline for key roles. This would encompass talent acquisition, retention and development programs.
- Partner with C-suite peers, both individually and collectively, with an eye toward improving senior team cohesion and performance
- Designing and implementing the organization's environment strategies
- Create nimble, responsive and future-focused processes and approaches to attract and grow talent through proven practices and innovative experimentation. World-class talent management processes should deliver strong, "ready now" bench strength.
- Identify material shifts in talent needs required to meet future business demands and create a realistic plan to deliver these capabilities at the right time. Recognize and challenge the existential threat of complacency in the organization by challenging the way work gets done and proposing new processes, structures and people better able to capitalize on future business opportunities.
- Work with leaders to ensure business operations, decisions and processes are consistent with the stated culture. Where the "walk fails to match the talk," take decisive action to reconcile the two.
- Ensure implementation of fair labor practices and a productive employee relations environment.
- Ensures adherence to audit and statutory compliance requirement
- Ensures compliance to TATs on various HR processes
- Ensures adherence to all legal compliances pertaining to employment and labor laws
- Effectively manage the budget for hiring, learning, employee engagement and employer branding
- Developing system / process that captures employee experience and culture with relevant data on real time basis and is made available to the relevant stake holders