Senior Resourcing Advisor at Worley Services India Pvt. Ltd.
Views:273 Applications:69 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Worley - Project Accountant (3-6 yrs)
About company : WorleyParsons Limited, branded as Worley after completing the acquisition of Jacobs' Energy, Chemicals & Resources division, is an Australian engineering company which provides project delivery and consulting services to the resources and energy sectors, and complex process industries.
At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley. Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers. Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us. The transition will take time, so in the short-term you may see references to our heritage companies in your application process.
Position : Project Accountant
Location : Airoli, Mumbai
As Project Accountant, you'll be joining the in-house corporate accounting department. You will become an important part of our global team by providing accounting support within our systems to the project delivery efforts for our clients and internal teams.
The Project Accountant interprets accounting data, analyzes reports and recommends follow-up actions to take in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles). In this role, you will help identify and monitor project revenue/cost variances as well as issue client invoices.
- Maintains projects in Oracle according to the company policies and procedures
- Reviews contract terms and associated information to ensure project setup generates appropriate results
- Issues and reviews client invoices to ensure they are in accordance with the contract terms
- Monitors project balances on Accounts Receivable, Work in Progress and Billing In Excess accounts
- Analyzes and verifies internal consistency, completeness and accuracy of project data, revenue and cost budgets/forecasts
- Provides month-end reporting on project performance including gross margin variances
- Prepares ad hoc journal entries and analyzes specific cost or project account ledgers
- Applies best practices and company policies throughout all phases of a project
- Contacts other departments and outside vendors, suppliers and clients to resolve cross-functional pending items
- Provides work leadership for Junior Project Accountants
- Meets weekly, monthly, and quarterly deadlines as outlined in company policies and best practices
- Participates in internal and external audit
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Finance or Accounting or Commerce
- At least 5-10 years of professional accounting experience
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of ERP system, preferably Oracle
- Advanced analytical skills
- Willingness to support different time zones will be an asset
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.