Group Manager at WNS Global Services
Views:20502 Applications:649 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:25
WNS - Senior Group Manager - Strategy - Travel Domain (7-16 yrs)
Title: Sr. Group Manager - Strategy (AVP level)
Location : Gurgaon
Summary of Responsibilities :
This position supports the strategic line of business reporting into Sr. General Manager - Strategy.
Role Brief : The Strategy & Analysis Consultant provides management with a comprehensive analytical/strategic-thinking and decision support that enables project teams to :
- Isolate business issues
- Design and execute analytics for studying business issues (market research, scenario planning, forecasting, market share, profitability, etc.)
- Develop technical content (competitive intelligence, market trend analysis)
- Support development of formal recommendations to senior levels of leadership
- Create documents (line of business strategies, etc.) that inform critical strategic issues and decisions.
The successful candidate will be analytical, sharp, self-motivated and driven by results. Any prior consulting experience with Travel clients or Travel industry will be an added advantage.
Principal Responsibilities :
- Works with business/segment owners to identify key business issues.
- Appreciation of classic strategy development frameworks and ability to manage major travel domain strategy projects independently
- Develops analytic frameworks required to analyze market strategy issues
- Owns the outcome- represents findings to stakeholders
- Network through conferences, memberships and other venues inside and outside WNS to stay current in industry best practices
- Maintain a repository of industry best practices and keep data current and up to date
- Research and recommend best practices to drive improvement with supporting benchmarking data/analysis
- Involves interpreting and analyzing established concepts.
- Exercises judgment to make decisions for less defined issues and selects methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Requires moderately complex decision-making.
- Requires significant analysis to develop solutions for complex problems
- Influences others regarding existing concepts, processes and/or methodology.
- Ability to create vision and inspire others to action
- Ability to work independently, with little to no supervision
Knowledge/Skills/Competencies/Qualifications Required :
- 8+ years related experience along with Masters qualification University degree in Economics or Finance
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in strategic thinking, plus working knowledge of other related fields
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, market strategy practices, and standards
- Previous experience in a Travel/Transportation & Logistics related research function, ideally in management consulting, corporate finance or industry research providers
- Analyzing and drawing conclusions after compiling numerous data points and presenting those conclusions and data in a summarized and easy-to-grasp manner
- Entrepreneurial and energetic attitude toward learning and developing knowledge in given subject area
- Flexible, diligent, motivated, reliable and proactive personality, superior problem solving skills
- Excellent process facilitation and project management skills
- Through knowledge of membership, rates, financial, economic and competitive data
- Strong PC Application Skills (MS Office, including PowerPoint and Excel), hands on with Analytical and statistical tools
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Good communication and presentation skills along with influential and collaborative nature
- Team oriented
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.