WNS - Manager - Data Science - Retail analytics (10-15 yrs)
Job Description :
This role is positioned at the intersection of business and technology skill-sets for an individual looking for techno-managerial role in a vibrant work environment.
The person in this role will lead teams from multiple sub-groups managing operations, client communications, teams, business development initiatives, and analytical solutioning. In this role, the Manager will need to evaluate team members on their performance, troubleshoot typical analytical problems with the team, do hands-on deliveries and coding when team gets struck, and even back-fill for missing team-members during their long leaves or transitions.
The person who will justify this role should be able to ramp-up fast on business and technology aspects, very articulate, innovative and should have a structured approach towards problem solving. Hands-on work- coding, dashboarding, business presentations, analytical modelling should be regularly expected based on business requirements.
On the personal front, the person should be highly self-motivated, hard-working, articulate, passionate towards new solution building and able to lead, motivate, drive and at the same time handle multiple teams across subgroups and work with multiple stakeholders across legal, finance, pricing, marketing, and sales teams.
Educational Criteria :
- Masters in Statistics/Mathematics/Economics/Econometrics from Tier 1 institutions Or
- Bachelor of Engineering or MBA from Tier 1 institutions - Preferred
Job Description :
- The ideal candidate would be adept at understanding customer's business challenges and define appropriate analytics approach to design solution
- Candidate should be able to think from first principles to define & evangelize solutions for any business problem
- This is a hands-on role and will be required to manage day to day delivery activities and guide the team in executing analytics projects by analysing large volume of data
- Ideal candidate should have hands on experience on SQL, hyve, Tableau/Qlik-view/Power BI dashboard development, Statistical modelling, Machine Learning tools - R, python, Azure ML etc.
- He / She would also be responsible for creating Business & technical presentations, reports etc. to present the analysis findings to the end clients and for business development
- This role requires excellent communication skills. Additionally, should also possess the ability to confidently socialize business recommendations and enable customer organization to execute such recommendations.
Technical Experience: (not all technical exposures are expected from one individual)
- Hands on experience in developing models (end to end)
a. Multiple linear regression, Logistic regression, ARIMA/ARIMAX
b. Clustering, Decision Tree, Random Forest, Support Vector Machine, Na- ve Bayes, GBM
- Tools : R, Python, SQL, SAS, hyve, spark, big data, Experience processing large amount of data using BigData technologies is preferred, Advanced knowledge of Excel and VBA, Knowledge of any of the visualization tools like Tableau, Spotfire, QlikView, R Shiny, Power BI etc. is a plus
Functional/Domain Experience :
- Good exposure to Retail, and/or e-commerce, and/or FMCG domains
- Participation/solving Analytics competitions/hackathons will be valued
- Relevant Experience : 5 - 8 years of hands on experience in Retail industry
Languages : English