Head of Supply at Wishup
Views:3506 Applications:840 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:179
Wishup - AVP/VP - Sales Head (7-13 yrs)
Started in 2017, Wishup is India's first remote employee platform, with a mission to bridge the gap between remote domain experts and global businesses. The pandemic has brought an awareness to remote work like never before, and in the last 18 months our team has managed to
- Grow our revenue by 600%
- Expand our team 2.5X
- Closed pre-series A round of funding of $1Mn from Orios Venture Partners
- Grown our client base 3X, the majority being international clients from the US and Canada markets.
Led by a powerful duo of IIM-A and IIT-M graduates, Vivek Gupta and Neelesh Rangwani, who started with a dream to provide in-house upskilling and global opportunities to the Indian market, Wishup has managed to achieve this growth in only 5 years, and it's only upwards from here.
As we grow, we are looking to add a dynamic Head of Sales to our team who'll not only give direction but also lead from the front. This is an incredible opportunity to be a part of India's biggest remote work platform, and support us in reaching our goal of becoming a $50M company by the end of FY 22-23.
About the role, Keynotes:
Profile - Head of Sales
Role - Full-time
Grade - AVP / VP
Location - Remote - Work from home / anywhere
Work hours - Mon to Fri / US Shift
What you'll do?
Providing leadership and supervision to the team - Provide leadership over the sales department. Take charge of developing weekly/monthly/annual and seasonal sales targets for the department, examine growth opportunities, enable sales improvements, and product mix development, and take responsibility for the department's performance against targets.
Implementing sales strategies - Delivers an optimized market mix relative to the core target consumers and identifies the roadmap that will lead to the achievement of the department's goals as well as the overall goals of the business. The Head of Sales, along with the senior sales management, creates and implements sales action plans that incorporate key actions that work to set KPIs for the business.
Utilize analytics tools and work with the analytics team - Undertake detailed analyses of sales performance for the purpose of reporting. Identify areas of improvement in sales strategies with a view to establishing actionable insights for the improvement of sales and business profits.
Collaborate with various departments - Work closely with various departments for the development of plans, strategies, structure, budget, vision, and establishment of goals for the department.
Forecast new business and trends - Monitors and observe the category and makes forecasts, identifying new trends ahead of the curve, hence, offering the business a competitive advantage and keeping it ahead of its competition in the market.
Expectation in Week 1 -
- Understand our business model, how we work, and who we serve.
- Familiarize yourself with the different departments and the role they play in delivering exceptional client service.
- Understand current business trends and suggest ways to improve and grow our business.
Expectation in Month 1 -
- Learn all about the current set of processes in place
- Take charge of the existing team, set targets, and draw projections
- Learn about the sales cycle and implement any suggestions and changes
- Take ownership of a set of leads and work on converting them.
Expectation till Month 3 -
- Continue working on your own set of leads and deliver on targets.
- Expand the team and train them on the sales process, industry, and technology (with the help of the team).
- Get the hires and existing team in the habit of hitting their targets every month.
Expectations till Month 6 -
- Lead the sales process in getting referrals, and repeat requests from existing connections and build it in a process that can be replicated.
- Explore new markets and opportunities to tap
- Handover the referrals, and repeat requests process to the team so they can effectively manage accounts.
- Formulate a 3-month forecast for the client leads so the supply side can plan accordingly.
What are we looking for?
- 7+ years of in Sales in a B2B/SaaS model along with 3+ years of team management experience
- Possess extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them
- Prior experience working with global startups and leaders including founders, and VPs, at such organizations.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively and develop strong cross-functional relationships, especially with Operations functions.
- Expertise in building a replicable playbook to hire, train, and mentor sales managers.
- Skilled in negotiating service agreements and closing deals from the driver's seat.
- Must excel at relationship building, relationship selling, and influencing at the C-level.
What's in it for you?
- A fully remote (work from anywhere) role
- Receive a more-than-competitive salary plus benefits
- Performance-driven and transparent work culture
- Enjoy a culture with opportunities for growth and learning