Wipro - Procurement Manager (7-15 yrs)
Purpose Of Role:
The role holder operates as a contributor/negotiator to ensure the provision of a world class procurement service that delivers competitive advantage to the Wipro’s and its client’s Infrastructure.
Categories of influence:
- End User Services – This would include manpower services to provide technical support at various levels, at an initial level of L1 ( Desk Side Support) to Niche Skills Support
- Data Center Infrastructure, maintenance and hosting – this would include all DC components including compute and storage infrastructure
Networking, Telecom and Mobility – This would include all switching, routing, voice and video infrastructure, Also this will include telecom bandwidth, IPLC links, internet and mobility
Typical Stakeholder Community
Sales team, practice team (pre-sales), Global alliance vendors, Category Managers and stakeholders from Business Operations
This will be varied but will be focused on suppliers specific to categories in Hardware, Software, Networking, Storage and Telecom. It would include top brands in each of the category as strategic alliances. There would be strategic alliance teams within the vendor organization who the Sourcing Manager will interact with
Standard role description
- To develop and maintain knowledge of supply chain, procurement and the category; this will include the region or function in which they operate including market dynamics and product/development life cycles in order to manage new contract creation / renewals
- To work closely with internal business partners to understand their requirements, mapping these to the Wipro strategy
- To develop procurement plans appropriate to their product and services to deliver maximum commercial advantage to Wipro to include selection and application of appropriate procurement processes for a particular product and or service.
- To negotiate appropriate commercial and contractual arrangements with suppliers and for all products and services in their control, including loading information onto appropriate systems.
- To manage their supply base to ensure delivery against contractual and commercial commitments and “In Contract” supplier performance and ensure business benefit is realised.
- May be involved in streamlining supply chain processes on behalf of business partners, pro-actively seeking out process efficiencies within
Wipro end to end supply chains to increase their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Approx 7-15 Yrs of experience with MNC / Large Corporate in IT / ITES / Telecom industry preferred.
- Experience of working in, core procurement functions, global roles and remote functioning desirable.
- Bachelor degree or above in English medium (Science/Commerce streams preferred)
- Additional qualification in Procurement is desirable.
Personal Skills / Expertise
- Interpersonal and people management skills
- Team work
- Managing cultural diversity
- Ethical Trading Practice
- Past experience of working on modern sourcing tools like e-Auctions, e-Negotiations, ERP etc
- Past experience of operating in Global environment requiring effective use of tools like audio and video conferencing
- Ability to work in stretched time zones
English: Fluency in both oral and writing
Computer and Software
Fluent with Microsoft Office, Outlook, MIS and Data analysis.
Wipro is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and makes all employment and employment-related decisions without regard to a person's race, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.