WinZO - Product Manager (3-7 yrs)
- WinZO is on a mission to create the Netflix of Gaming in order to cater to the largest and fastest growing segment of online entertainment i.e. Mobile Gaming. Backed by the backers of Dream11- Kalaari Capital, the tech unicorn Hike and Marque Global Gaming Investors- Courtside Venture and Makers Fund. WinZO is a series B stage company which has grown 10 times in the last 12 months. WinZO has been hailed as the Start-up of the year-Technology, 2019 and 2020 by Entrepreneur India and it is India's fastest growing vernacular social arcade gaming platform which aspires to grow to a $1B venture by end of 2021.
- Innovation and constructive disruption are at the core of what we do at WinZO. To cater to Bharat (T2-T5) audience and then scale globally, WinZO hosts all its 70+ games on a single platform across multiple formats in 12+ regional languages and 60% of content on our platform is consumed in non-English languages. WinZO has also revolutionised the online payment system in the country with its unique concept of micro-transactions which is inspiring more and more fellow Indians to adopt digital payment mediums.
- Our comprehensive micro-influencer program and partnership with women and college students for vernacular translations are testament not only to our commitment to achieve efficiency and lean operations but also to our determination to financially empower women and students in the country.
What's unique about WinZO :
- We are the fastest growing Company in the globally hottest market of Gaming! Fun Fact- Average Daily time spent per user on the WinZO App is 55 mins which is 50% higher than the industry average.
- All the games hosted on WinZO are skill based and are compliant with all the regulatory frameworks by the Govt. of India. WinZO is one of the few firms operating in the segment which has a licence from the Government of India.
- WinZO's focus on team excellence and collaboration. Our Team is a collaboration of stellar achievers from their own fields. Our Tech team has alumni from IIT-KGP, IIT-D, NITs, NSIT/DCE who have joined us from Amazon, Oyo, Practo, Samsung, Code Nation etc. The founder is a second time entrepreneur after Co-founding Zostel and Zo Rooms (Tiger Global Backed venture).
- WinZO is a product only company. We are building real time gaming servers, auto-scaling chat servers and data-intensive active recommendation engines. There are 10 million micro-transactions happening on our platform every day and lakhs of multi-player games running concurrently. There are very few companies solving such complex tech challenges in the country. You get to take ownership of such complex and challenging tasks and build these grounds up.
Our Core Values :
- Innovation : We are challenging everything on which the gaming sector was built. We don- t believe in Ads & In-App purchases. We are committed to changing the landscape and how Bharat is consuming content. The one trait that will make this happen is - innovative approach to problem solving and willingness to think beyond the trial and tested approach. The problems we are trying to solve are uncommon and hence our approach has to be innovative.
- Data Orientation : Gut feelings and industry experience can only take you so far. What we believe and emphasise on are data-based decisions. A/B testing, market surveys and regression analysis are some of our day to day tools that we use to make our product seamless and our user experience flawless. Hence, analytical decision-making capabilities for product and operational decisions is what we emphasize on. We are not a gaming company; we are a data company! We will personalise everything with the most proprietary algorithms we are building today.
- Integrity : Integrity means building trust with all the stakeholders by doing what's right, working safely, keeping our promises, being a good citizen, complying with laws and regulations, and honouring the rules of engagement. For a start-up, being lean and yet efficient is extremely important and we don- t believe in external enforcement in order to derive performance from our team members. That is why we are a flat organization where each person is self-driven and accountable for his milestones and everyone works closely with cross-functional teams to get the job done. We believe in no barriers when it comes to productivity.
- Perseverance : At WinZO, we are working on the most cutting-edge technologies and solving the problems that have not been solved before. To be motivated and succeed in this environment, perseverance is an utmost important virtue. We hire those who strive to hustle, remain motivated in face of failures and demonstrate resilience.
- Agility : We value agility in our decision-making; in our planning; and in our delivery. We are entrepreneurial in spirit, with a flat organization structure that allows us to respond quickly and meaningfully to new growth opportunities within our existing businesses or to entirely new opportunities that we create for ourselves.
Key Responsibilities :
- Create, execute, and own product roadmap for the application
- Improve the overall application workflow, and optimise conversions across the funnel
- Lead team of software development/QA engineers and other verticals to deliver product roadmap on defined timelines and in high quality
- Product lifecycle management from concept to launch of the feature(s) across all products/product lines.
- Lead, define, represent and communicate product strategy to all stakeholders.
- Assess product development sprints and enhancement opportunities.
- Monitor product development sprints and evaluate results.
- Lead Product team to assess product mix and marketing strategy.
- Monitor and manage strategic marketing plans for each product or product lines.
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and product features through leadership and decisive action.
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many cross functional teams, architects, product owners and engineer
- Make critical decisions that attribute to the success of the product
- Participating in cross-functional coordination, planning, and reviews with leads from other engineering teams
- Maintaining and fostering our culture by interviewing and hiring only the most qualified individuals with an eye towards diversity
- Strong analytical background and experience in a B2C Product
- Complex problem solver with strong communication and leadership skills
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and tech teams
- Demonstrated success in bringing new products to market, meeting/exceeding business cases, capturing market share and delivering market leading products/services.
- Proven track record in driving product strategy for complex organizations targeting multiple markets and audiences.
- Proven track record leading product management teams through successful market analysis and product management processes
- Engineering or technical background is preferred