Head - Recruitments at Wingify Software
Views:1700 Applications:98 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Wingify - Associate - Corporate Development/Merger & Acquisition - IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (4-6 yrs)
Associate - Corporate Development/M&A
- At Wingify, we're building SaaS (software as a service) products from India that are used by thousands of brands in more than 90 countries across the world. In our industry, we- re proudly outcompeting a number of international counterparts to clock more than USD 20mn in annual revenue, bringing in more than a hundred crore of valuable foreign exchange into India every year.
- Our mission is to be the most admired tech product company to come out of India and we want to accelerate this journey by building a robust M&A strategy. If you- re passionate about understanding the tech and SaaS industry in India, please contact us.
Role trajectory :
- We are building a Corp Dev function to fuel our inorganic growth. Initially, we foresee that the function will focus on enabling our company to strengthen our existing product portfolio by acquiring products that can be integrated directly into the Wingify product (VWO) umbrella.
- As we grow further, the scope of this team will also expand and it will start undertaking more expansive projects in terms of size and product breadth.
Role and Responsibilities :
- Running buy-side mandates.
Research and Prospecting :
- Identify and research merger and acquisition targets through multiple channels inclusive of internet prospecting, employee referrals, networking, database searches, internet ads, and so forth.
- Do legwork for potential deals. Analyze industry prospects by gathering information about growth, competitors, and market share possibilities.
- Review company fundamentals and financial statements.
- Conducts analysis on prospective business's consumers as well as their industry sub-sectors
Strategy & Analytics :
- Formulation of financial reports based on shared private and public information, inclusive of the prospective business's company revenue, staff resources assessments, and general due diligence.
- Initiates the tracking of key metrics and ensures that the data gathered is accurate and current.
- Prepare customized presentations for senior management to use in negotiation meetings.
- Develops detailed industry materials for various industry sub-sectors, plan, prioritize, and deliver marketing enhancements.
Deal Execution and Post Deal success :
- Take lead and execute all statutory and mandatory requirements for deal execution including but not limited to legal, financial, taxation and regulatory.
- Due diligence of potential investment or product to confirm all facts and to ensure the purchase meets the business needs.
- End to end collaboration, stakeholder and logistics management during the deal lifecycle.
- Work with internal and external technology teams in defining associated systems and business processes necessary to facilitate the merger or acquisition at hand.
- Maintain close contact with various internal teams in the business in order to guarantee the smooth running of the execution process.
- Monitor and implement post-merger integration and define appropriate scope and objectives for same.
Experience and Qualification :
- Bachelor/Master's degree from Tier 1 institute. Specialization in accounting, economics, finance, or mathematics would be preferred but not mandatory.
- 4 - 6 years of relevant experience. Exposure to M&A transactions in SaaS, Technology and IT services space. Experience with Private Equity/Investment banking firms or the M&A team of Product-based organizations will be an added advantage.
- Inherent bent of mind and interest in understanding product and technologies which provides an edge in managing and executing post deal success framework.
- Entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to drive change independently in a must.
- Fundamental understanding of SaaS finance, knowledge of Indian and international finance, tax and accounting concepts and principles relevant for M&A transactions. Knowledge of the economic, investment, business and regulatory environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both in written and verbal form are imperative.
- Demonstrates a passion for analytics and the insights realized from processing raw information and data.
- Strong research, analytical modeling skills, and problem-solving skills along with global market knowledge, good business understanding, and business intuition.
- Good team player, be a self-starter with an outstanding work ethic and have a keen eye for detail. Comfortable in a group/cross-functional setting and has the ability to remain calm in the face of uncertainty. Confident but approachable and likable individual.