Manager at William O'Neil Co. Inc
Views:405 Applications:74 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:38
William O'Neil - Financial Editor/Senior Editor (5-10 yrs)
- William O'Neil + Company is a Registered Investment Advisor that helps the world's leading institutional investment managers increase portfolio performance by providing timely- and time-saving- global buy and sell recommendations, customized independent research, and market advice.
- Our blended method of stock analysis reveals distinctive market insights that deliver actionable ideas across investing disciplines. Founded in 1963, William O'Neil + Company is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in New York, Boston, San Francisco, Chicago, and London. Our affiliate William O- Neil India is seeking a dynamic and energetic Sr. Editor/Copy Editor interested in working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. This position will report to the both the SVP of Marketing for William O- Neil + Company and our Sr. Manager in our Bangalore, India office.
- As a Sr. Editor/Copy Editor on our editorial team, you will edit research reports on stocks and industry sectors produced by our equity analysts, correcting for grammar and improving readability but also fact-checking and proofreading final client-facing reports. Foremost, we are looking to improve the structure of paragraphs, clarify points, and ensure the logical flow of information. An ability to communicate productively with writers throughout the editing process is crucial to this role.
- Edit analyst reports for factual correctness, grammar, clarity, and relevancy
- Ensure that client-facing material is written properly and accurately in English
- Supervise and guide the work of a team of copy editors to ensure all content is properly edited
- Work with stock analysts to supervise content, ensure proper distribution, and manage production schedule
- Coordinate workflow with design team to meet tight deadlines
- Write and edit marketing collateral for both institutional and retail investment products
- Research, write, and post approved content to social media sites for both institutional and retail investment products
- Must be able to work with our London office to support the timely creation, editing, and publishing of content for early morning distribution (GMT time).
- Must have ability to work flexible hours to deliver content in a timely manner. May be required to work 12pm- 9pm IST
Skills & Requirements:
- Fluent in English and able to write and edit proficiently in English
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, and influencing skills
- Ability to lead a team of strong-minded individuals and be a collaborative team player
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, departmental and enterprise risks related to projects
- Strong facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
- Understanding of marketing and branding concepts, B2B marketing specifically
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization, including technical and non-technical and internal and external audiences
- Understanding of the financial services industry (specifically equity markets) a plus
- Able to collaborate closely with research equity analysts and other writers and editors
- Results-oriented: Proven ability to create content that delivers on brand KPIs.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.