Wibmo - Manager - Legal (7-11 yrs)
Key responsibilities for this role include -
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of agreements that touch upon technology, fintech and intellectual property rights, preferably with international exposure.
- Drafting and standardizing framework documents and agreements for various products and offerings.
- Providing support with drafting and implementing legal risk mitigation programs and hands on support to various business and operations functions in relation to legal issues.
- Providing support to ensure that Wibmo complies with local and international legislations and regulations applicable to its business.
- Working closely with various business, security, product and/or operations teams and assisting them in implementing compliance requirements under contracts and applicable laws.
- Evaluating, vetting and negotiating Indian and international RFP documents to be filed on behalf of Wibmo to various entities including regulated entities in various jurisdictions.
- Devising and implementing the contract management framework for Wibmo.
- Tracking laws and regulations and giving regular update to respective functions on applicable regulations regarding their respective functions.
- Advising on privacy related matters and working with the Global Privacy Team in implementing an appropriate privacy framework within Wibmo
Location for the position is in India. Bengaluru is the preferred location but Gurgaon and Mumbai locations may also be considered.
The ideal candidate will be an independent, result oriented, self-motivated individual with a possible background in technology, banking, privacy, payments, financial services and/or fintech laws who enjoys working in a fast paced, international, dynamic, and diverse environment. A law degree from a reputed law school in India is essential. Any additional qualifications such as those in relation to privacy will be a plus.
The candidate must ideally have:
- Approximately 7 to 10 years of post-qualification experience. Some amount of law firm experience will be viewed favourably.
- Expertise in Indian laws and regulations concerning technology, banking, privacy, payments, financial services and/or fintech businesses.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment and collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in working with B2B and B2C fintech companies or technology companies will be preferred.
- Experience in working on data privacy issues will be a definite advantage.
- Experience in conceptualizing, drafting, implementing and supporting legal and compliance risk management programs.
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English (both written and oral).
- Key personalities: Efficient, punctual, responsible, transparent, reliable and accountable.