Recruiter at Black Turtle
Views:3118 Applications:39 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Wholesale Credit Risk Modeling Quant Role (5-8 yrs)
- To work as part of the IMR function in the delivery of Model appraisals;
- Responsible for model review on wholesale credit areas like C&I (Commercial and Industrial), CRE (Commercial Real Estate) Portfolios etc.
- Independently review the models being assigned, fully understand the model theory and model assumption, and verify the formula derivation;
- Develop independent models to validate the model implementation correctness and identify the model shortcoming, assumptions, limitations;
- Communicate the model review findings to model developer and owners. Ensure model limitations are correctly identified, understood, and managed;
- Write high quality model appraisal reports, including conclusion, recommendation, detail analysis in model theory, formula, and testing;
- Participate in model control, governance, and monitoring. Assist in reporting requirements, producing detailed updates for Model Oversight Committees, Senior Internal Stakeholder Groups and Regulators;
- Mentor less experienced analysts and provide expertise and technical support across multiple projects;
- Work with Senior Managers across IMR to build relationships with Model Developers / Owners.
Skills/ Experience Required
- Master's degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Finance/Economics/Computer Science/Engineering, or other quantitative fields. Bachelor's degree from top schools in the above area with exceptional academic records and strong knowledge in financial modeling may also apply;
- At least 2+ years of experience in the financial/banking industry;
- Must have 2+ years of proven experience of financial modeling experience in validation/development in Risk Management in Wholesale domain
- Good knowledge of regulatory regulations like Basel, CCAR/DFAST, PRA.
- Knowledge of programming skills in one or more of R, SAS, SQL;
- Experience of conducting independent model reviews is a plus;
- Fluency in English both spoken and written
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.