Manager - Talent Acquisition at Whitehat Jr.
Views:1356 Applications:346 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
WhiteHat Jr - Vice President - Legal - CS & LLB/LLM (10-15 yrs)
Position Type: Permanent
Work Location: Mumbai or Remote, India
About WhiteHat Jr.
- An incredibly rare opportunity for a passionate, pedigreed legal leader to join WhiteHat Jr., the fast-growing edtech startup acquired by BYJU's.
- Valued at $16.5 billion, BYJU's is the world's highest-valued education technology company, offering personalized and easy-to-learn programs for students in grades 1-12. The team of education experts and teachers at BYJU's creates compelling and relatable content that helps children understand the application of math, science, English, and arts.
- Reporting to the BYJU- S FutureSchool Global General Counsel based in Greater Seattle, the successful candidate will be working under the guidance of an experienced leader with U.S. training and have the opportunity to partner with some of the largest technology companies in the world.
Experience: 10-15 years
Qualification: CS and LLM/ LLB from a recognized University
- We are looking for a highly qualified lawyer to oversee the legal aspects of our business in India in concert with international expansion. The successful candidate will safeguard our reputation by helping to ensure the company strictly follows Indian legal requirements and works to advise management on all relevant issues in this dynamic and emerging space. The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and work to forward our business goals in a practical and compliance-driven direction.
- Experience working in a high-growth B2C start-up environment within the e-learning, education technology or advertising space would be a plus, but short of that, experience working in a high-growth, children's consumer and/or technology-focused company will be highly preferable.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage legal vetting, drafting and negotiating all kinds of legal contracts. Develop creative approaches to managing legal risks and resolving disputes.
- Experience in managing intellectual property, customer escalations, social media policies, company Secretarial Compliance, IP protection etc.
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.)
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance.
- Review and evaluate the organization's policies, procedures, products and programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in India. Make recommendations for change where applicable.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.
Requirement - Qualification & Skills:
- Law Degree from nationally recognized university
- Admitted as qualified lawyer in India
- Certified CS
- 10+ years post qualification experience in a medium or large private practice (law firm) or MNC (in-house), preferably both.
- Experience providing legal counsel on a wide variety of corporate/commercial matters
- Proven success as a team leader and people manager
- Strong compliance/commercial experience
- Highest ethical standards
- Strong references
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.