HR Manager at White Owl
Views:1750 Applications:203 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
White Owl - Manager - Operations (5-8 yrs)
- If you are an incredibly intelligent & a highly-motivated individual, excited to build a craft beer business across India, juggle multiple work streams across numerous verticals and hone your leadership skills as you manage & mentor a bunch of junior execution teams, we want to hear from you
- As a Manager- Operations, you will comprehensively manage/support the entire Operations Function of White Owl across multiple manufacturing facilities nation-wide with a focus on:
- Procurement & Inventory Management
- Create and manage strong vendor relationships - both local and international - to ensure cost-efficient procurement of high quality input materials
- Create and implement systems to optimize inventory of Raw Materials, Packaging Materials, WIP Goods and Finished Goods
- Monitor and manage all related internal controls - such as inventory reconciliations, ageing and par stock analyses
- Manufacturing Process Efficiency & Quality Control
- Determine production schedules at all manufacturing units, taking into account existing inventory levels, ordering lead times and forecasted demand
- Monitoring and manage all processes and schedules related to strict and uncompromised product quality control, including packaging standards
- Logistics Management
- Interface with distributors and logistics-providers nationwide to optimise timely and cost-efficient delivery of finished goods
- Regulatory Compliance
- Manage continuous compliance with all statutory bodies (State Excise, VAT, etc.), including timely maintenance of all required records, payment of required fees, license renewals etc.
- Financial & Cost Optimization Analyses
- Conduct detailed financial analysis of all Operations-related topics to optimize all costs including those related to manufacturing, packaging and logistics
- Conduct detailed variance analysis to determine any significant increases/decreases in recurring costs, non-recurring costs, spoilage, etc.
- Process Improvements
- Continuously analyze entire Operations Function to determine potential improvements to established processes and controls
- You will also work hand-in-hand with our founding team and various internal sales, distribution, marketing and back-end support teams as well as interface directly with our customers and external sales, public relations, communications and legal teams
- Prove yourself quickly and you will be placed on a career track for Chief Operating Officer and invited to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Unique ability to simultaneously be a captain & a soldier, a leader & a resource, a mentor & a team-mate
- Work experience of 5-8 years, ideally within alco-bev operations or consumer goods operations
- Education at a top-tier university/college
- Excellent communication skills and an outgoing and enthusiastic personality
- Ability to think creatively and support decisions analytically
- Strong work ethic and discipline
- Paranoia for organization, timeliness and optimization
- Passion for entrepreneurship, marketing and top quality craft beer
About: White Owl Brewery
White Owl is a Mumbai-based, Award-Winning Brewery renowned for handcrafting beer using the finest of natural ingredients from around the world. Armed with an extensive craft beer portfolio featuring an eclectic selection of old-world & new-age styles, White Owl Brewery advocates small-batch brewing of crisp, complex flavours & distinct aromas under the leadership of a highly-experienced & internationally-trained brewing team.
As of August 2019, White Owl distributes its craft beer on Tap, in Bottles and in Cans at over 2,500 restaurants, bars & retail stores across Mumbai, Pune, Goa, Bengaluru& Delhi with several new geographies in the pipeline.
White Owl was conceptualized and founded by entrepreneurs from Harvard Business School and the Wharton School of Business and is supported by a diverse investor group out of both India and the United States.