Founder at White Owl Brewery Private Limited
Views:15598 Applications:1919 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:175
White Owl Brewery - Assistant Manager - Operations (3-5 yrs)
Job Details -
If you are an incredibly intelligent & a highly-motivated individual, excited to build a craft beer business across India, juggle multiple work streams across numerous verticals and hone your leadership skills as you manage & mentor a bunch of junior execution teams, we want to hear from you.
As an Assistant Operations Manager, you will comprehensively manage/support the entire Operations Function of White Owl Brewery across multiple manufacturing facilities nation-wide with a focus on:
1) Procurement & Inventory Management
- Create and manage strong vendor relationships - both local and international - to ensure cost-efficient procurement of high-quality input materials.
- Create and implement systems to optimize inventory of Raw Materials, Packaging Materials, WIP Goods and Finished Goods
- Monitor and manage all related internal controls - such as inventory reconciliations, ageing and par stock analyses
2) Manufacturing Process Efficiency & Quality Control
- Determine production schedules at all manufacturing units, taking into account existing inventory levels, ordering lead times and forecasted demand
- Monitoring and manage all processes and schedules related to strict and uncompromised product quality control, including packaging standards
3) Logistics Management
- Interface with distributors and logistics-providers nationwide to optimise timely and cost-efficient delivery of finished goods
4) Regulatory Compliance
- Manage continuous compliance with all statutory bodies (State Excise, VAT, etc.), including timely maintenance of all required records, payment of required fees, license renewals etc.
5) Financial & Cost Optimization Analyses
- Conduct detailed financial analysis of all Operations-related topics to optimize all costs including those related to manufacturing, packaging and logistics
- Conduct detailed variance analysis to determine any significant increases/decreases in recurring costs, non-recurring costs, spoilage, etc.
6) Process Improvements
- Continuously analyze entire Operations Function to determine potential improvements to established processes and controls
You will also work hand-in-hand with our founding team and various internal sales, distribution, marketing and back-end support teams as well as interface directly with our customers and external sales, public relations, communications and legal teams
Prove yourself quickly and you will be placed on a career track for Chief Operating Officer and invited to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan
1) Unique ability to simultaneously be a captain & a soldier, a leader & a resource, a mentor & a team-mate
2) Work experience of 3-5 years from Alco- Beverage sectors only
3) Education at a top-tier university/college
4) Ability to think creatively and support decisions analytically
5) Paranoia for organization, timeliness and optimization
6) Passion for entrepreneurship and top quality craft beer
About: White Owl Brewery
-White Owl is a Mumbai-based, Award-Winning Brewery renowned for handcrafting beer using the finest of natural ingredients from around the world. Armed with an extensive craft beer portfolio featuring an eclectic selection of Old-World & New-Age styles, we advocate small-batch brewing of crisp, complex flavours & distinct aromas under the leadership of a highly-experienced & internationally-trained brewing team.
- Craft Beer from White Owl is now available at over 1200 Restaurants, Bars & Retail Stores across Mumbai, Pune, Goa, Bengaluru & Delhi with several new geographies in the pipeline. A few of our flagship brews include: Spark, a classic Belgian Wit, characterised by summery Orange-Citrus notes; Diablo, an Irish Red Ale, known for its unique amber appearance and hints of Caramel, and Ace, a bubby Apple Cider Ale that is brewed with Himalayan Apple & Champagne yeast. Interestingly, Diablo is the only locally-bottled Red Ale, and Ace the only locally-bottled Apple Cider available today in India.
- A few White Owl pouring partners include the national portfolios of The Irish House, Azure Hospitality (Mamagoto), amongst others, as well as various renowned local bars, hotels and stores, including Yes Minister, Caf- Tesu, C Suri (GK 2), Ashok T Gulrajani (Jangpura) amongst many others.
- White Owl was conceptualized and founded by entrepreneurs from Harvard Business School and the Wharton School of Business and is supported by a diverse, well-networked investor group out of both India & the United States.