Talent Advisor at Wellsfargo
Views:249 Applications:36 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Wells Fargo - Senior Specialist - Control Management (8-10 yrs)
Senior Control Management Specialist
- The Corporate & Investment Banking Control organization serves as the front line of risk management and is accountable for assessing and effectively managing all associated risks for their groups. This team works to ensure internal controls, processes, and procedures are adequate and effective, and executive management understands the risks, exposures, and trends that impact the business.
- The position will be responsible for leading risk identification, assessment, escalation, and mitigation strategies, and will perform programmatic day to day risk and control activities in support of and partnership with front line business teams.
- The position will support execution of the Control function to meet regulatory commitments on time and with sustainable quality, while measurably improving the Wells Fargo control environment.
- The group also collaborates on projects and initiatives by providing support and awareness of risks and mitigating control solutions. As part of the Macro (Rates, FX, Commodities, CVA) business aligned control team, this role will focus on direct support of the Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA) and other risk program initiatives for these organizations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support reporting, timelines and routines for all RCSA related risk programs impacting Rates, FX, Commodities, and CVA coverage areas.
- Support RCSA workshops and related efforts to collect and document business risk and controls.
- Ensure maintenance of the RCSA profile including regulations, risks, controls and other RCSA meta-data.
- Manage RCSA triggers, including the assessment of RCSA.
- Coordinate with business and support partners for creation of Self-Disclosed issues in Issues Management system of record.
- Support of the inventory of business processes, internal testing, audit, regulatory engagements outputs and the integration with RCSA, as applicable.
- Support time-lines and preparations for Evidence Based Control Evaluation and QA engagements over the RCSA outputs
- Continuously engage in discussions with LOB partners on strategy, industry trends, organizational changes, and new/modified markets, systems, products and services, to determine impact and identify and remediate risk and control issues across all risk types
- Responsible for issue management by documenting and assessing control weaknesses and operational risk incidents using methods such as root cause analysis
- Consult with business process owners to develop corrective action plans and control redesign. Oversee implementation progress and conduct control evaluation efforts as required
- Establish and update recurring and timely reports on risks, initiatives, and deliverables for communication with business leaders and risk partners
- Develop business cases to influence process owners, control owners, business sponsors, and key risk partners on the need for additional or improved controls to mitigate risk; Work with the business and support teams to provide operational risk expertise and consulting for projects and platform initiatives, taking into account impacts to risk & control framework
- Monitor and evaluate emerging risks, operational trends, and external events for potential impact to the control environment in context of RCSA
- University degree in Business, Finance, or related discipline
- Strong operational risk domain knowledge/experience
- Strong understanding of Process, Risk and Control and experience with RCSA
- Extensive front line direct experience with developing and/or executing risk and control assessment programs.
- Demonstrated capability to confidently raise issues, escalate early, and engage in constructive credible challenge independently.
- Extensive knowledge of Target State RCSA, process, purpose, scope, the RAU Owners roles and responsibilities roles, accountabilities and deliverables
- Strong knowledge of products, services, applicable regulations and policies, business processes, systems and customers in Rates, FX, Commodities, and CVA
- Experience in large and complex banking or broker/dealer institutions, risk management leadership experience in multi-jurisdictional global financial institution
- Proven experience with Enterprise Risk Identification process; proven track record building and implementing risk programs
- Direct experience in operational risk reporting and escalation programs
- Prior experience in risk process improvement, standardization and automation of business and control processes, quality assurance and control routines, and risk and control metrics and reporting.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in risk management practices and applicable systems and applications used Wells Fargo
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) concepts and policies across risk types (regulatory, financial crimes, credit, operational, etc.)
- Ability to synthesize data and observations from a variety of sources, deliver succinct summaries (both verbal and written), and enact response quickly
- Capable of diagnosing business needs, conceptualizing and initiating planning, organizing the enlistment of response teams, and the implementation and management of change
- Personal ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.