Wee Media - Product Manager (3-7 yrs)
THIS POSITION. WILL REQUIRE TRAVEL TO OUR OFFICES IN KENYA AND SOUTH AFRICA.-
Wee Media Africa (weemedia.africa) is a digital content & products company. We currently publish WeeTracker, Gadgets-Africa, Afromaisha and TheBase.
We have offices in Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria and India.
At Wee Media, you will learn and collaborate with team members from 6+ different countries, Entrepreneurs, Editors, Designers as well as a strong founding team & investors.
As a Product & Ops manager, you will be responsible for:
- Drive the ideation, planning, development, and launch of innovative editorial- and audience-facing projects
- Gather and synthesize user research with often disparate input from editorial and executive stakeholders into clear, coherent product goals
- Use data and metrics to help inform roadmap and product decisions to help better acquire, convert and retain users
- Partner with Design and Engineering to build amazing product through ongoing A/B experiments
- Partner with Marketing to develop a go-to-market strategy and to help ensure successful product launches
- 3+ years experience in a product management role within a consumer software company
- Experienced being the product owner in agile product teams
- Experience with A/B testing and using data to inform product decisions
- Technical enough to work effectively with Engineers to decide on different product paths
- Experienced in managing product backlogs and priorities based on user research and collaborating with internal stakeholders
- Effective decision maker and can help teams understand rationale and reasons for the product decisions and roadmap direction
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-starter, independent and excellent at driving teams and projects
- Excellent communication skills at all levels - small groups, large groups, and with executives
- Ex-Startup Founders, Product Managers in early stage startups may have an added advantage
This role will require you to be familiar with the evolving ways that audiences find, read, watch, and share quality journalism and entertainment, and the processes and tools that editorial teams use to create compelling stories.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.