Head - Human Resource at VPG Warehousing & Logistics Park Pvt. Ltd.
Views:502 Applications:285 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:220
VPG WALP - Executive Director - Logistics (5-15 yrs)
Job Description :
- Plan warehouses and distribution centers for efficiency in both operations and capacity
- Organize transportation activities, including storage of goods, managing information accrued from point of origin to delivery, orchestrating transportation movements, and arranging for services as necessary
- Coordinate and track the movement of goods through logistic pathways
- Execute a logistics plan to move products and packages to reach destinations on schedule
- Review freight rates and other transportation costs to keep working costs low
- Maintains quality throughout the logistic processes
Logistics Skills and Qualifications :
- Attention to detail, Strong time management skills, communication skills, Ability to work well with others, Organisation skills, Quality management skills
- Works well with deadlines, Knowledge of logistics systems, Understanding of transportation limitations and regulations, Ability to contribute individually to a greater goal, Planning skills,
- Understanding of transportation issues, Knowledge of logistics subset (e.g. People working in ground transportation need to have an understanding of trucking and rail shipments)
- Experience working in logistics preferred, Bachelor's degree required for most positions, Master's degree preferred for management positions potential candidates should be able to multitask and communicate with staff members to ensure accuracy, quality and teamwork.
- They should know how to hire employees to complete various tasks, providing set schedules and training for both staff members and managers.
You should have :
1) Creative thinking
2) Critical thinking
3) Emotional intelligence
4) Work-life balance so that you can manage all your tasks properly.
5) Strong Financial Background.
6) Strong Social and Business Network.
7) Willing to work 24 x 7.
8) Open to feedback and flexible for the work.
9) Present design proposals
Job Skills & Qualifications :
1) Bachelor/PG degree in logistics or related discipline, plus a minimum five years experience.
2) Excellent written and oral communication skills along with presentation techniques
3) Ability to effectively lead and inspire a team
4) Strict adherence to deadlines
Salary : Above 50 lakhs PA
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.