VP - Valuation - Rates - Independent Price Verification (16-20 yrs)
- This role is for a leader of what will be a newly created Enterprise Global Service team within the recently mandated enterprise-wide Independent Price Verification Center of Excellence.
- This team is responsible for ensuring accurate valuations and performing validation processes across all capital markets products, including but not limited to securities and derivatives.
- This role will require liaising with executive and business unit management, accounting groups, risk groups and functional partners on issues related to capital market product valuations.
- The position requires an in-depth understanding of various valuation techniques, models and model inputs.
- The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical and quantitative skill sets. The individual will be expected to provide leadership, assist with problem identification and solutions, and share best practices.
- This role will be required to frequently interact with senior management, business unit leaders, internal and external auditors, regulators and other business partners.
- The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player and a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations, partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, and achieving results.
- This is an exciting opportunity to help ensure high-quality standards and compliance with the firm's valuation and validation policies.
- Excellent project management, planning and communication skills are required as this position needs to be highly skilled in anticipating and articulating issues and communicating those issues to various audiences within the organization. Modeling knowledge related to a variety of models will be helpful to be effective in this role.
- 16+yrs of overall experience, Bachelor's degree or higher - preferably in a quantitative discipline, or business-related field
- Experience in trading, valuing or price validating capital market instruments
- Previous experience with Model Risk Management practices including Model Governance and/or Model Validation.