VP - Taxation - CA (10-17 yrs)
Scope of work
- Being first point of contact for tax for all right-shoring initiatives for group in all business clusters such as Retail and Business Banking (RBB), Corporate and Investment Banking and Wealth Management (CIBWM)
- Liaising with senior members and project teams at overseas locations to get a detailed factual understanding about nature and genre of processes being offshored, functions to be performed in India, rights and responsibilities of the team in India etc from a tax perspective
- Examine Indian tax implications such as permanent establishment exposure, transfer pricing mark up etc in respect of new and existing processes getting offshored into India. Work actively overseas tax counterparts to examine any tax issues overseas such as withholding taxes
- Attend relevant calls relating to rightshoring initiatives to discuss and explain the tax implications
- Work with the relevant project team / client teams overseas to ensure appropriate transfer pricing documentation is in place and the process / functions are performed in a manner to ensure permanent establishment exposure is not created for entities in India
Tax risk management
- Be actively involved in all rightshoring strategies and planning for all business clusters.
- Evaluate available options for business decisions such as set up of new centres, roll out of new products / processes from a tax perspective
- Provide competent advice from a direct and indirect tax, as well as, transfer pricing perspective to provide an optimum solution and manage tax risk effectively for all offshoring activities.
- Regularly track all the changes in the Indian tax laws and judicial pronouncements which may have impact over existing and future business and keeping management in loop of the potential impact.
- Act as internal subject matter expert for Indian taxation including transfer pricing for business and infrastructure areas
- Provide advice to infrastructure areas for matters relating to taxes such as WHT, service tax, VAT
- Wherever necessary, liaise with external consultants to obtain a written advice in appropriate form
- Be actively engaged along with tax consultants to build and manage relationships with tax authorities – both direct and indirect tax, as well as, transfer pricing
- Liaise with business and infrastructure areas within and to take regular updates on business and offshoring activities and proactively identify any tax issues
- Liaise with global tax team in India, Asia Pacific region, UK, RBB and Rightshoring tax group to update them on the Indian tax scenario, and the future rightshoring activities in India and engage in active knowledge sharing in respect of tax and transfer pricing
Tax litigation management
- Keep a continuous track of tax related disputes and work with consultants to devise effective strategy to manage audits, appeals and other queries raised by tax authorities in order to achieve optimal outcome for the group
- Co-ordinate with the internal teams and finance colleagues to co-ordinate for information requirements for various tax audits and other queries raised by tax authorities from time to time for direct and indirect taxes as well as transfer pricing
- Attend important hearings relating to tax and transfer pricing audits, appeals as well as service tax refunds along with consultants to represent company before tax authorities
Oversight on tax compliance and internal reporting
- While the existing teams will continue to run and be responsible for day-to-day tax compliance activities, this role is expected to have regular and continuous involvement in tax compliance to have an hands-on knowledge of tax compliance for operational level taxes such as withholding taxes, service tax, VAT on goods for the offshoring entities and regulatory filings to avail direct and indirect tax benefits at various locations
- Review of KRA and tax attestation for taxes and ops risk issues
- Active involvement in review of tax related numbers in the financials for internal reporting such as year-end tax templates, RAF, quarterly tax reporting, as well as statutory reporting for tax within regulatory returns and statutory financial statements.
- Oversight over audits conducted for tax purposes such as tax audit, transfer pricing accountants report, annual VAT report etc, certification for service tax refund etc
- Suggested title - Vice President Taxation
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Approx 10-12 years of post qualification experience in the field of taxation.
- Experience of working in MNC in the field of taxation for more than 6 years
- Strong Communication skills both written and oral
- In-depth knowledge of tax matters
- Good networking skills and people management skills
- Thorough understanding of facts and tax issues within offshoring Business
- Based out of Noida office and reporting to Country head of tax and CFO
Please write in your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.