CEO at Exceed Consulting
Views:565 Applications:145 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
VP/Senior VP - Compliance - Liability Products - Bank (17-22 yrs)
- One of the Largest Private Sector Bank is looking out for a VP/ Sr. VP - Compliance - Liability Products to be based at Mumbai.
- The individual should be a PG/ MBA and have 17-25 years in Banking with extensive experience in Retail Banking Products, Branch Banking & Process Knowledge (including KYC).
- The individual should have a very good knowledge of regulatory guidelines and experience in relevant areas with very strong communication skills.
- The person would be working closely with the Senior Management, Relevant functional Teams across the Bank for the assigned areas of Compliance and the Audit team
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Liabilities including branch banking, CMS Ops, Currency chest, CPU
- Review new products, procedures, Concepts from a Compliance perspective and conclude to be in line with the regulation
- Conduct compliance testing on all guidelines and circulars and release the report to Depts
- Follow-up with depts. for resultant actionables / gaps till resolution / implementation
- Frequent Policy / Process reviews to ensure the documents are updated by the dept.
- Frequent reviews to be undertaken to ensure extant processes/guidelines are followed as per the expectations
- Guiding the dept on expectations from the guidelines and thereby how to be compliant
- Conducting meetings with other depts. to understand a) progress on the projects towards compliance to be in line with the guidelines b) escalations in case of any bottleneck or slow progress
- Undertake reviews of processes that are internal to the bank but have linkage to the regulatory guidelines and publish such reviews to the Supervisor and CCO
- Supervise the Liabilities Compliance team
Internal Risk-Based Supervision :
- Understanding the regulatory requirements under Risk-Based Supervision and providing support to the unit head to review the submissions to ensure they are in line with the regulation, no gap in the submission as compared to the indent received and the guidelines applicable, comprehensive & accurate and issues are discussed and heighted to seniors before submission
- Quarterly/yearly / ad-hoc RBI submissions to be reviewed, teams to be guided for, reviewing the submissions for accurate reporting, conducting Trends analysis etc.
- Co-ordination with concerned functional stakeholders & compliance testing of all indents / observations (internal / external auditors including regulators)
- To monitor whether timely and comprehensive actions are taken by respective functions to ensure compliance with the observations in regulatory/statutory inspection reports.
- Publishing monthly update to the depts. on the progress made towards the compliance
Updating self on all guidelines/circulars:
- Review all guidelines/circulars to keep self-updated.
- Resultant changes to be reviewed and guided to the teams for implementation
- Interaction with the RBI / NPCI wherever clarification is required
- Understanding the market practice by interacting with the peer banks
- Compliance testing to be undertaken post-implementation
Interaction with the regulators :
- To interact with the regulators on all discussions, clarifications, guidance that the depts. need
- Drafting communications to be sent to the regulators
- Tracking and following up on all regulatory communications received/sent
- Keeping dept informed on the progress made
Areas/responsibilities that are incidental to the role :
- To manage all responsibilities and areas pertaining to the depts. mentioned above and also other activities that are incidental to the role
- Board Notes / ACB notes / quarterly updates to Board / Board committees
- Frequent reviews on each area with specific focus to be undertaken and published
- Participation in all Digital initiatives meeting/sessions and closing the actionable on time