VP - Risk Technology Enterprise Applications - Bulge Bracket Investment Bank (8-15 yrs)
The consolidated platform for Risk Management and Risk Reporting across Investment Bank is supported by the Enterprise Technology Solutions (ETS) within Global Functions Technology Services Organization. It provides the strategic infrastructure for Institutional Clients Group, Commercial Banking Group, Consumer Banking Group and Investment Products, Treasury and Enterprise Risk Management.
The purpose of the job is to design, develop, and enhance enterprise applications in Risk Technology primarily using SDLC/SRLC methodologies in Risk area. It centers around technologies such as Java/JEE/RDBMS/Unix/Flex.
- Leading the development teams in development centre and aligning them to the global teams
- Take ownership of all applications in the sub domain within risk
- Interacting with business analysts and NY managers to understand the requirements behind BRDs/FRDs/SRs
- Complete understanding of application code through code compilation, code walkthrough, execution flow, overall design
- Local compilation, deployment and behavior/unit testing
- Identifying the areas where code needs to change for meeting the required functionalities and maintain traceability
- Participate in design review/code/project review meetings- local/global
- Hands on development using required IDE such as Eclipse and related plug ins, SQL client etc.
- Unit testing, Integration testing, UAT/SIT support
- Code check in, check out, merge, build management as needed
- Reporting to the Risk Technology manager on project/task progress as needed
- Participate in all project planning, progress and development meetings with the team and global managers
- Keeping all the developers and technical leads motivated, manage career planning and related performance appraisal
- Maintain technical, though leadership and disseminate knowledge to team and peers
- Excellent opportunity to design / develop enterprise applications in Risk technology area
- Opportunity to work on latest technology stack and multi tiered/ web based architecture
- Opportunity to learn/ add domain skill in the area of financial risk
- Opportunity to move horizontally in other platforms/technologies e.g.: ETL, Reporting etc. and other domains within Risk
- Opportunity to DIRECTLY work for one of the best Risk Technology teams on Wall Street
Overall development experience (SDLC/SRLC) of 12-15 years.
Hands on experience in application design and development in following technologies:
- Object Oriented Concepts with Core Java
- Spring and Related Component
- ORM (Hibernate or JPA)
- Multi-threading and JMS
- Build and Deploy (ANT, MAVEN)
- DB Skills: PL/SQL
- Caching (EH/Gemfire)
- Unit Testing
- Unix Awareness
- SVN/CVS/Clear Case
Strong design and execution bend of mind
Conceptual understanding of design patterns
Thorough understanding of OO methodologies
Exposure to UML/SDLC
Passion for technology and self- starter
Orientation towards Disciplined development processes
B.Tech from a top engineering college, University, preferably in computer science.
Other preferred branches are EE, ECE.
Candidates with passion for coding and systems development from other disciplines also can apply.
Substantial part of experience should be in top notch IBs/Banks and product companies
Good coding discipline
Good written and verbal communication skills
Ability to mentor junior team members
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.