Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:315 Applications:53 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
VP - Product Governance - Commercial Banking (12-17 yrs)
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (Min requirement)
- Degree in a relevant discipline preferred
- Broad commercial banking experience of 12+ years , with at least 2-5 years in a product management, front line or risk management role or equivalent function
- Effective negotiation skills, with the ability to influence decision making and decision makers
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- A comprehensive understanding of the regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements associated with financial services and experience working within these
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and collaborate effectively as part of a team
- Well-developed written and verbal communication
- Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural & regulatory issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to work in matrix management structure
The role holder is responsible for the management, oversight and application of the Wholesale BRR Product Governance Framework. Principle elements of the Framework include: ongoing management and application of the Product Lifecycle process, validity and recertification of the CMB Global Product Inventory, oversight of product demise and CMB Backbook, and defining and embedding of Product Management Accountabilities.
The role holder will also actively engage and guide Wholesale Regional/Major Countries Product Governance functions and Global Product Providers (GPS, GTRF, Group Insurance, AMG, Lending & Transaction Management, GB, Issuer Services and Markets' ) to implement the minimum set of Wholesale Product Governance requirements. In addition, she/he will also be responsible for interacting with multiple Stakeholders and Support Functions (e.g. Risk, FCC, Compliance, Legal, Operational Risk, WMRC, BRCM, CMB Chief Commercial Office, etc.).
The role holder must be able to effectively operate across a matrix organisation - multi business/product/geography and segment.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Typical Targets and Measures:
Global CMB Product Governance
- Interpret and apply the Product Governance Framework, in association with the Director Product Governance, in delivering the BRR Global Product Governance framework for all Regions and across all Product Providers (as above). Ensure support and alignment with Wholesale Conduct outcomes.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the Ownership for initiatives related to the continued evolution of the Product Governance Framework and its principle elements.
- In conjunction with Global Product Lines (GTRF/GPS/GLCM), seek opportunities to rationalise and simplify the product portfolio for our customers and front-line colleagues, and monitor the review of the extant product portfolio. Facilitate the tracking and monitoring of legacy products through Backbook Reviews and the periodic publication of the Backbook Dashboard. Identify opportunities to improve, strengthen and streamline these processes.
- Support the preparation of business papers and training materials to support the execution and embedding of Product Governance initiatives within Wholesale - including collaboration with other Global Business Lines.
- Act as an SME for all activities encompassed under the Wholesale Product Governance Framework and provide guidance/input into related activities (e.g. Global Product Line Governance Forums including Global Product Governance Committee) as required.
- Support ongoing accuracy of Global Product Inventory and Legacy positions, to ensure up-to-date BackBook and run off position.
- Address queries from locations and advise on situations where support is needed from the offshore PG team.
- Provide detailed constructive input into the ongoing improvement and simplification of processes and procedures.
- Work closely with Global Product Provider teams to maintain appropriate management oversight of the approved Wholesale Product suite including updating of fields in PMGS and completion of product records.Ongoing management oversight and governance of the GPI, and facilitate timely completion of annual recertification and revalidation of country variations.
- Maintain training materials and ensure timely updates and completion for all necessary areas.
- Lean in to provide support for Global Product Lines and entity stakeholders .
- Support management of CMB Backbook and execution of run off plans through Product Providers / Local CMB markets
- Monitor and oversight of the CMB Backbook ('Legacy Products') against agreed run off plans / risk tolerance(s)/
- Support delivery of business papers / reports, including Senior Executive level briefing papers, as required (GCMB ExCo / RMM).
- Provide support and engagement as required for broader initiatives (e.g. Global Standards)