Associate Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:323 Applications:65 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
VP - Product Control - Banking (8-15 yrs)
- Review daily P&L, including understanding risk positions and market moves for P&L explanation, and review of flash vs formal differences.
- Engage in detailed discussion with traders and risk managers on risk positions and P&L.
- Ensure that the team's KPI and SLA are met.
- Attend to ad hoc queries from the traders and other infrastructure partners relating to trading revenue and Balance Sheet.
Weekly / Monthly Responsibilities:
- Review key weekly & monthly MIS to senior management.
- Gain in-depth understanding of provisioning and price testing controls and processes, and review the month end working.
- Engage in detailed discussion with traders, risk managers and Independent Valuation Control team on the results. Liaise with valuation expert on modelling appropriateness and other technical/booking issues.
- Perform detailed review of month end adjustments, and Balance Sheet substantiation
- Ensure the maintenance of a strong internal control environment. Monitor control reports to ensure accuracy of data for P&L, validation and downstream processes.
- Raise the team's level of control awareness. Lead by example and engender a strong control culture.
- Ensure clean audit results from internal and external reviews. Be the owner of key stroke documentations for key PC processes, risk assessment and SOX documentation.
- Ensure adherence to and compliance with governance, risk policies, procedures and compliance policies.
Projects and Continuous Improvements:
- Identify and drive process re-engineering and constantly challenge status quo for control improvement and process efficiency.
- Motivate and empower the team to deliver continuous improvements.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.