Senior Recruitment Consultant at Black Turtle
Views:812 Applications:179 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
VP/Head - AML - Transaction Monitoring - Banking (13-25 yrs)
- Help set and implement the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for the FCSU, consistent with the vision and strategy for CFCC and in support of the Group's strategic direction and growth aspirations.
- Help ensure that there is adequate support (people, processes, tools, frameworks, systems) in the FCSU for necessary CFCC controls.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Resolve conflicts of interest arising from regulations and information security.
- Maintain and recommend (for approval by the relevant Committee), appropriate processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Implement/roll-out Group and CFCC processes/DOIs.
- Manage and/or resolve alerts/cases.
- Follow the Correspondent Banking DOI to process risk events in line with Assess, Analyse, Act (AAA) process.
- Do further analysis and escalations using knowledge about complex products.
People and Talent :
- Provide leadership, management and coaching to direct reports to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential.
- Develop communications strategies and plans that deliver timely and relevant messages to the right stakeholders through appropriate activities and channels.
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Collaborate with training teams to input to training curriculum to support closing of capability gaps.
- Help ensure the FCSU is adequately resourced and staffed by an appropriate number of competent staff sufficiently independent to perform duties objectively, to support sustainable business growth and address financial crime risks.
- Help ensure staff in FCSU have clearly articulated and well understood roles and responsibilities through meaningful and accurate job descriptions.
Risk Management :
- Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Analyse significant financial crime risk events (e.g. SAR- s, non-compliant transactions, production orders) to ensure that all connected parties, particularly cross-border are identified and reported at the appropriate levels internally across all relevant jurisdictions.
- Apply Group and CFCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
- Track significant issues arising from CFCC metrics, CFCC Assurance activities, Audit reviews and regulatory inspections, providing validation of issue closure where necessary.
- Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
- Support all control checks undertaken by CFCC under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF).
- Periodic reporting and timely escalation of significant risks and issues arising from CFCC Monitoring and Assurance activities.
- Be accountable for identification and escalation of potential risks and issues to senior management through appropriate governance channels and the Quality Assurance framework.
- Attend relevant leadership meetings.
- Support senior oversight of FCSU.
- Ensure tracking and remediation of surveillance and investigations related regulatory findings.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Prepare and cascade lessons learned from audit findings, CFCC assurance activities and specific investigations.
- Define metrics and/or key risk indicators (KRI) especially for AML, Sanctions.
- Collate, analyse and interpret data in reports to senior management and relevant governance/risk committees.
- Design and maintain dashboards and metrics that allow CFCC to dynamically monitor financial crime risk and operational performance for key CFCC processes.
- Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the CFCC function.
Regulatory & Business conduct :
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the FCSU to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Support relevant stakeholders to respond to regulatory questions.
- Raise the profile of SCB through outreach.
- Measure outcomes on Change initiatives/ program post-implementation to evaluate benefits realisation.
- Manage and protect business as usual (BAU) capability during change programmes, as well as during the execution and delivery of the Remediation initiatives through project phase and into BAU.
- Provide subject matter expert advice, guidance and support to the project managers on managing change.
- Lead or influence significant programmes of work in support of the financial crime compliance objectives.
- Review new business requirements and provide solutions where required.
- Provide skilled resources to support project/programme delivery.
- CFCC Controls representatives in group, Region and country.
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in FCSU,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS - training, licenses, memberships and certifications
- 13 to 25 years of relevant work experience in the following areas:
For screening - Sanctions and screening (name and transaction) surveillance skills
Analysis skills : able to analyze data, working knowledge of Internet and MS Office Suite & independently assimilate, analyse and evaluate information from disperse data sources to determine a course of action (e.g. case closure or escalation), and record and communicate this decision clearly and concisely.
Banking: knowledge in terms of customers, products and transactions
- Banking operations experience (Client Due Diligence, payments, trade, markets or other) and service oriented attitude.
- Excellent communication in English (articulation and writing).]
- AML transaction monitoring and Terrorist Financing surveillance skills in relation the respective country jurisdiction, and client types. (ACAMS and/or international Compliance Association certification or equivalent preferred)
- Transaction monitoring or transaction processing direct experience in one or both.
Analysis skills: able to analyze data trends and out of pattern activities, working knowledge of Internet and MS Office Suite & independently assimilate, analyse and evaluate information from disperse data sources to determine a course of action (e.g. case closure or escalation), and record and communicate this decision clearly and concisely.
Banking: knowledge: transaction processing, cash & trade, clearing, mass payments, payments systems, methodologies & products with expertise in at least one customer segment (retail, corporate, private banking, correspondent banking)
- Banking operations/payments experience (credit cards, mass payments, cash & trade, markets or other) and service oriented attitude.
- Excellent communication in English (articulation and writing).
Reports Directly to: FCSU Monitoring Unit Head (NCB)
Direct Reports: Team Leads
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.