Founder & Principal Associate at rFactor Consultants
Views:357 Applications:51 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:27
VP - Fire & Safety - Steel/Metal/Iron Industry (20-25 yrs)
Head of Fire & Safety from Steel/Metal/Iron Industry
Responsible for ensuring adherence to defined Fire and safety guidelines for all operations and assist the Chief of location in establishing systems, processes and procedures for providing a safe and secure environment
Key Responsibilities :
(List major responsibilities, that you have, to achieve the key objectives)
- Ensure adherence to defined processes and systems for all Production and Mining operations to ensure safe and secure environment for all employees and contractors Provide inputs to assist the Chief of location in defining the various related policies to regularly review the fire safety of the location and update the same in the security manual
- Ensure the FS manual is shared with all internal and external stakeholders, including production, other support departments, contract agencies, etc.
- Assist the Location Head in short listing and selection of outsourced agency by defining the scope of work, evaluating the technical capabilities of various agencies, plan for the overlap of agencies, etc.
- Manage the location-wise manpower deployment schedule and FS equipment requirements with outsourced agency on a regular basis
- Ensure timely preparation of various reports (incident/ observation report, command center report, etc.) for the functional operations
- Liaison with various regulatory authorities/ government agencies (such as police, fire department, RTO, courts, Security Guard Board, National Security Guards (NSG), municipal corporation, local political leaders, etc.) to establish and maintain relationship to help ensuring safe and secure environment at the Location
- Conduct various safety drills (evacuation, fire, etc.) for the various special teams formed (Emergency Response Team, Fire Team, etc.) to enhance the preparedness of the center towards any exigency
- Conduct special trainings for employees, outsourced staff, etc., to educate on basic safety and security aspects and awareness of safety procedures in case of any emergency
- An experience of at least 20 years with minimum of 5 years in a similar capacity in Metals and /or mining industry is most desirable.
- People from heavy manufacturing industries like petrochemicals, Fertilizers etc. will also be favorably considered.
- Education : Relevant education in fire, safety nd an MBA from any college is preferred.
- People with background in production will also be preferred.
- People with exposure to DuPont safety processes will have a definite advantage.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.