AVP Recruitment at Squareroot
Views:32832 Applications:948 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:557
VP - Engineering - Product Startup - IIT/NIT (10-12 yrs)
Our client is one of the fastest growing internet company in India which recently raised Series A round of funding. They are looking to have a VP Engineering join their team and lead engineering efforts.
Position : VP Engineering
Location : Bangalore
Job Description :
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of technical solutions and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact.
- Work closely with Engineering Managers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Work with the Chief Technology Officer and with other functional leaders in the company. Instill best practices for software development, ensure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management : prioritization, planning of projects and features; stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments.
- Be a champion of engineering excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence. Implement a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long term vision.
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing front line managers and engineers.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field from Premium Institutes
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
- Being a strong leader, mentor, and people manager.
- Experience in building and running distributed systems for 24x7 online services at scale.
- 10+ years of work experience in software development and 5+ years as a leadership role.
- Track record of data-driven decisions.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Experience in defining and executing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle.
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Strengths in problem-solving, issue resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience. Engaging and influencing peers and executives.
- Experience in machine learning design practices and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work with business, legal, engineering, design, and other stakeholders to deliver products/services.