HR Consultant at Subir Sinha HR & Corporate Advisory
Views:195 Applications:36 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
VP - Engineering - eCommerce Software Development (15-18 yrs)
VP of Engineering - e Commerce - Software Development
Client is a technology driven platform company that provides direct to consumer web commerce solutions for leading Retail Brands. Client, with its proprietary platform, integrates online and offline retail channels automating and optimizing Omni-Channel fulfilment. The platform provides brands with a single view of inventory. It helps reduce the costs and complexity of Omni-Channel transformation for brands by using their existing framework and systems.
Clients solutions are currently used by brands such as Ray-Ban, Puma, Max, Lifestyle, Fossil and more. Clients Omni-Channel platform comprising of technology, logistics and customer support enables brands and retailers to improve the post-click commerce experience of their customers
1) A graduate in Engineering with 15+years of experience in software development from Ecommerce industry
2) Should have development experience in Java/ PHP, MySQL Varnish, Caching Akamai.
3) Big-data stack: hadoop, hive, kafka, storm, spark, druid
4) Should have 3+years of team handling experience.
5) Should have strong operational and project management skills
6) Good understanding of engineering technical issues/needs, financial, sales related to product design and development
7) Work with product management to set roadmaps; plan the development and delivery of products at an enterprise level of quality and a consumer level of engagement
8)Create an engineering culture that supports innovation and creativity while delivering high volume of product in a very predictable and reliable way.
9) Ownership of complex software architectures, operational metrics, and running the day to day operations of the business
10) Strong hands-on technology experience building and running large scale systems handling high volume sessions/transactions per day
-Excellent computer fundamentals and problem-solving skills
- Excellent data structures & algorithms skills
- Experience and knowledge of open source software, frameworks and broader cutting-edge technologies around server-side development in Java and Big Data
- Experience of building products that are powered by data & insights
Experience in data sciences & machine learning would be preferred.
- Experience with agile development would be a big plus
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong hands-on technology experience building and running large scale systems handling high volume sessions/transactions per day
1) Develop strategic planning for the direction and control of product development activities and all aspects of engineering activities within an organization with stringent delivery of a) quality of product -both functional and nonfunctional aspects and b) time to market.
2) Ensures all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives
3) Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
4) Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
5) Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others
6) Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, recognizing the role as that of manager and support resource / mentor.
7) Direct reporting to the top management
8) Designing and defining the interaction between the different components and teams.
9) Define and ensure compliance with world class build / release and configuration management processes